Advanced | Marketing | Birmingham, England
Team & Role Description
Reporting to the Head of Events, the Events Executive will assist in the planning and execution of Advanced’s portfolio of internal and external live events including conferences ranging from 80 – 1,500 delegates, gala dinners, seminars, webinars and third-party run exhibitions.
The Events Executive will be expected to work closely with the rest of the Marketing team, and other key departments, to support and deliver a program of events that build the brand and drive sales performance, covering planning, advertising, promotion, event management and evaluation.
The Events Executive will need to be flexible in their approach to work with some early morning, late evening and weekend working hours required for some events, along with a willingness to travel across the UK for planning meetings and live events.
- Liaise and brief relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure understanding of, and the smooth delivery of, the requirements for each event
- Source, appoint, liaise and manage venues, event contractors and suppliers
- Control the costs for each event, ensuring they are delivered within budget
- Attend selected events to ensure a smooth delivery on the day
- Input creatively into the event design to maximise our live event and brand experience
- Undertake post event analysis to ensure key learning’s are captured and ROI is reported
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills, with attendees, suppliers and internal team
- Confident in liaising with senior stakeholders e.g. CEO
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills
- Negotiation skills – getting the best deal with venues and event suppliers
- Flexibility and willingness to get involved on live event days
- Ability to problem solve whilst under pressure at live events
- Outstanding attention to detail