Software Engineer (VC++)
PowerSchool | R&D
This position, under the general direction of the Manager and Team lead, will be building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will be part of a talented software team that works on enterprise applications. Roles and responsibilities include managing ATL, COM application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
The responsibilities include designing, developing and delivering high-volume, low-latency applications for ERP systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs follows specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Other duties as assigned
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 4 - 6 years’ experience in software engineer role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technologies required, or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Strong Knowledge of VC++, COM, ATL
- Knowledge of XML will be a plus
- Proficient in SQL Server experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to work with current software design principles and concepts such as patterns, algorithms,
- Strong debugging skills.
- Strong ability to work in a changing, dynamic environment
- Experience in ERP domain will be a plus.
- Experience in K-12 domain will be a plus.
- Ready to learn new technologies.