Sr. Deployment Automation Engineer
Ping Identity | Product Development - Software (5103)
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
As a Ping Identity Deployment Automation Architect, you will be involved in every facet of our On-Demand SaaS services and will be responsible for defining solutions for building, deploying, and maintaining the infrastructure of one of the largest identity platforms in the world. We follow a DevOps model: Development and Operations teams are integrated, running continuous deployments daily, and the teams collaborate closely in the solution’s design, development, deployment, and operations.
Working within the Cloud Operations team, you'll be responsible for building automated infrastructure and deployment processes. You'll be the subject matter expert on operational excellence and how systems can be built to be resilient, redundant, scalable, and observable.
- Developing solutions for deployment on our production infrastructure hosted on AWS.
- Definition of solutions for virtualized platforms on various cloud providers (public and private).
- Analysis of complex system behavior, performance and application issues.
- Development of management and monitoring solutions for management of the services across multiple cloud platforms and data centers.
- Development of solutions for capacity analysis and planning, traffic routing, and security policies for Ping’s market leading Single Sign-On SaaS applications.
- Development, maintenance and administration of cutting-edge infrastructure deployment tools.
- Technology evaluation and selection
- 7-10 years of experience in distributed systems architecture
- 5+ years of experience with Cloud Platforms including AWS
- 5+ years experience with containerization technologies, including Docker
- 5+ years experience with orchestration technologies, including Kubernetes
- 5+ years experience with command line scripting technologies, including Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- 5+ years experience defining and implementing deployment architectures, including provisions for networking, security, reliability and availability, management and monitoring, reporting, configuration management, etc.
- 5+ years experience defining, developing and managing CI/CD pipeline for reliable production deployment of artifacts
- 5+ years of defining, developing and managing infrastructure needed for CI/CD automation
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
- In-depth understanding of best practices for deployment automation
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud Platforms including Azure, GCP, etc.
- Software architecture and design
- Identity and Access Management
- Strong understanding of security design principles.
- Solid scripting skills (Python/Ruby/Bash/Go/etc.)
- Solid experience with server configuration via Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt.
- Experience using Git in a team environment (merge requests, branching, push, and pulls)
- IP networking, including familiarity with the functionality, operating, and failure modes of networks.
- CS Degree or equivalent experience