Federal Account Executive
Granicus | Sales | Washington, DC
The Account Executive for U.S. Federal Government generates subscription sales for our SaaS platform and related services in an assigned territory which consists of agencies and departments that are not currently Granicus customers. Federal Government includes all government functions, including cabinet, executive departments and agencies.
The Granicus Federal Sales Team is a dynamic, results driven group charged with driving new revenue in a young and energized Cloud Vertical.
Ours is a team that values individual initiative as well as team work. What we do makes a difference. Our products and services improve the efficiency of government and the quality of people’s lives.
Join us to make a difference for the company and, most importantly, for our customers.
- Generate, develop and close sales opportunities with Federal Government Agencies, including enterprise deals
- Understand complex customer requirements for digital communications with the public, including operational, business and technical categories
- Develop and independently deliver custom presentations on Granicus products to revolutionize the prospect’s engagement with the public
- Develop effective strategies for winning in a competitive environment
- Manage internal resources, including sales support, marketing and solutions consultants to present a compelling case to prospects
- Meet and exceed quarterly sales targets
- Manage all aspects of sales in your territory including; prospecting, activity tracking, opportunity management, forecasting revenue, contract management and closing deals
- Pursue leads generated by yourself and our inbound and outbound marketing efforts
- Support the management team in developing sales strategies
- Document all conversations, activities and emails in our Salesforce CRM
- Write and present quarterly business reviews to Sales Management, Senior Management and peers
- Travel less than 10%
- Confident, competitive, thorough, flexible and tenacious
- Proven to be capable of managing 30 or more active opportunities and meeting sales objectives by closing 15 or more opportunities per year
- Capable of selling $100k+ deals as part of a diverse sales pipeline
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Successful working independently and in a collaborative team
- Excited about managing multiple simultaneous priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Independently accountable for commitments and delivering the best performance by intelligent prioritization
- Proven in your ability and passion for prospecting – frequently breaking into new accounts
You Have Demonstrated Many of the Following:
- Passion for public sector success
- Client focus – the desire and ability to understand the drivers of client needs
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Significant accomplishments selling enterprise software, ERP, SaaS, marketing/communications technology or marketing services
- Success selling to state and local government entities
- Impressive track record of C-level sales activity
- Demonstrated effectiveness selling through partners, resellers, and/or integrators
- 5+ years of field sales experience in IT, information services, or business services sold on a subscription model
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.