IT Engineer 3
MINDBODY | Product Development | Pune, Maharashtra
JOB TITLE: IT Engineer III - Platform
JOB FUNCTION: Information Technology
JOB FAMILY: IT - IT Engineering
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, IT Engineering
DATE UPDATED: 10/17/2018
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Develop and build cloud infrastructure technologies. Automate software deployment processes by releasing incremental updates and developing automation tools. Increase customer experience by monitoring application performance and proactively correcting operational issues. Create more stable operating environments by continuously improving the infrastructure to be easily deployable and scalable.
The IT Engineer III - Platform is considered a senior engineer who is responsible for the design, implementation, and operation of cloud infrastructure to support scalable and maintainable software platforms. Improve communication and collaboration to enable rapid product development by serving as the liaison between the development and operations teams. Maintain advanced knowledge of agile/scrum methodology, development processes, and programming languages.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree, technical certification or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of industry experience with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment.
- 3-5 years of industry experience managing IT systems in a virtualized or cloud environment.
- Advanced understanding of cloud infrastructure services (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Advanced understanding of container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm).
- Advanced understanding of scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, Perl).
- Advanced understanding of large-scale distributed systems.
- Familiar with Agile methodology.
- Visual Studio, ASP.NET, VSTS experience desired.
- Ability to function with ambiguity to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads complex projects that require multiple areas of expertise.
- Contributes to strategic planning meetings and provides guidance and expertise on system options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on departmental processes and goals.
- Codes and documents custom test automation frameworks.
- Reviews technical design specifications developed by junior levels and creates technical design specifications.
- Provide feedback to junior employees by participating in code reviews.
- Admits mistakes and attempts to achieve the best outcome in the situation.
- Assists in maintenance and troubleshooting of operating environments, including participating in an on-call rotation.
- Builds automated deployments using infrastructure-as-code technology.
- Sets up and maintains test environments for both manual and automated testing.
- Deploys new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- Ensures the adherence to standards, policies, and procedures.
- Uses best practices to improve services for customers.
- Encourages the open exchange of ideas.
- Customizes and adapts communication and discussion to appeal to the specific interest, need and level of our customers.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
Individual Contributor: Duties are performed under limited supervision. Often responsible for planning and organizing their own work, which may or may not be directly related to general business operations of the company or its customers. Will receive training and guidance from manager as needed. Individual contributors may be required to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance depending on the nature of the position. No direct management responsibility.
The incumbent or successful candidate must meet the job requirements above in order to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve the outcomes/results indicated in this job description. The Company will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
I acknowledge receipt of this job description. Nothing contained in this job description is intended to nor does it create a contract of employment for any specific duration.
Team Member Signature: ________________________________________ Date: _______________
Team Member Name: ___________________________________________