VP, Software Product Marketing
PowerSchool | Marketing
The Vice President of Solution Marketing is responsible for guiding our solution go to market strategy working with our product and sales team to ensure we achieve our overall bookings and revenue goals. Reporting to our CMO, you will understand the K-12 ed-tech market, anticipate market trends, be the expert on our solutions and buyer personas and guide our solution strategy through the next phase of growth. You will articulate a clear, consistent, and creative value proposition for our target markets, including being the external evangelist for our solutions in the marketplace, while acting as the linchpin between our sales and product teams.
You will be required to lead cross-functional teams to develop compelling go-to-market initiatives and sales enablement programs, while strengthening our product positioning and messaging. You will also have a proven track record of delivering successful results in the same or similar position at another B2B software company.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Build the Team: Build and mentor an organization capable of driving initiatives across the company. Recruit, develop, coach and counsel a strong solution marketing team made up of education subject matter experts and software product marketers. Develop team accountabilities and performance expectations.
- Know the Market: You and your team will be required to be unmatched experts in market dynamics being able to anticipate market trends, customer needs and the required strategy to maintain our market leading position. Develop competitive intelligence, threat assessment, actionable insight and associated tactical recommendations.
- Plan and oversee the execution of our Go-To-Market strategy: Each of your team members will be allocated to one of our major solutions and will own the overall bookings number for each of them. Being required to work with our product and sales leaders to deliver optimal results tied to our company goals.
- Package our Solutions: responsibility for how our product assets are packaged, launched and promoted as solutions that resonate with target buyer personas
- Develop Messaging: Develop and build positioning and messaging that resonates with the market and our target buyer personas including creating and maintaining copy manifestos for each solution and product.
- Enable the Sales Team: develop sales enablement content (playbooks, scripts, product presentations, flyers, etc.) and provide guidance to the sales enablement team to ensure our sales teams have what they need in order to execute sales plays in the market.
- Evangelize: be the industry expert and a visible presence in the market for our solutions that positively influences our Sales, Partner, Customer and Analyst communities.
- Experience driving product marketing or product management efforts, including go to market ownership for a major product line
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience building/leading solution or product marketing teams
- Proven ability to own full P&L for a solution set and the associated market strategies to achieve revenue goals
- Excellent written, verbal, editing, and presentation skills.
- Highly collaborative with a deep sense of ownership and accountability.
- Easily builds business partnerships and inspires team members
- Strong visionary with an eye on the future
- Sense of urgency and passion for winning
- BA/BS degree in Marketing or Technology related field; ed-tech knowledge is a definite plus