Inside Sales Representative
PowerSchool | Sales
Inside Sales Representative
Do you want to make an impact in how technology is unifying the educational experience?
PowerSchool believes in the simple truth that every student deserves the best opportunities in life. That’s why its mission is to power the education ecosystem with unified technology that helps educators and students realize their potential, in their way. From the back office to the classroom to the home, PowerSchool helps schools and districts efficiently manage instruction, learning, grading, attendance, assessment, analytics, state reporting, special education, student registration, talent, finance and HR. Today, PowerSchool is proud to be the leading provider of K-12 education application technology supporting over 45 million students in over 70 countries.
As a PowerSchool employee, you will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic, growth-oriented company that is powered by a lively bunch of curious and brilliant minds that enjoy confronting challenges and supporting our communities. You will be surrounded by passionate people who share our vision, embody our core values, and have team spirit!
What You'll Do Here:
As an Inside Sales Account Executive, you will be part of a dynamic sales organization that is responsible for growing our business at PowerSchool. Included in this responsibility is selling our solutions to public and private school districts in an assigned territory. The Inside Sales Account Executive's role is to achieve company-designated sales targets, and as part of that prospect, qualify and build relationships with new customers, and retain and extend relationships with our existing client base in their assigned territory.
The Inside Sales Account Executive must be proficient in qualifying leads, identifying decision makers, determining customer needs, presenting and explaining the benefits of PowerSchool solutions, building strategic business plans, overcoming objections, and closing sales. The Inside Sales Account Executive will mainly use online product demonstration tools. Some travel may be required in strategic situations.
- Using a solution sales approach to sell PowerSchool products to K-12 schools.
- Managing and submitting monthly/quarterly forecasts against assigned and team quota.
- Conducting product presentations and demonstrations to customers via the Web.
- Developing and executing marketing campaigns focusing on specific territory and product offerings in conjunction with Regional Marketing departments.
- Being a positive member of a team environment while working independently to meet an aggressive quota.
- Ability to work with both existing and new customer base to promote new products and services
- Identify opportunities for PowerSchool and all SaaS solutions
- Develop and revise territory plans and maintain strong pipeline management
- Create strategic plans for opportunities
- Use consultative selling skills to create lasting relationships with key accounts
- Plan, organized, and prioritize sales strategies to achieve established sales targets
- Represent and promote PowerSchool products to all customers
- Manage territory resources effectively
- Manage communications and reporting
- Requires the individual to become well versed in PowerSchool products and services, beyond basic features and benefits
- A Bachelors Degree plus a minimum of 2 years of sales experience, preferably in technology sales.
- Team player mindset with drive, conviction and positive energy.
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Sales abilities to meet or exceed sales targets within an assigned territory by positioning the competitive advantages of PowerSchool’s SIS and related products.
- Ability to consistently gather feedback from education customers, and stay abreast of competitive offerings.
- In depth knowledge of K12 market with experience calling on Technical Directors and school district Superintendents preferred.