Assistant General Counsel
Jamf | 910 - Legal
Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people love to businesses, schools, and government organizations. After watching hundreds of users struggle to deploy, update, and secure Apple computers, iPads, and iPhones in business and in the classroom, we knew there had to be a better way to handle such pesky IT functions. Removing the barriers of technology and empowering doctors to treat patients, teachers to teach, and businesses to thrive.
Today, more than 34,000 customers from more than 150 countries rely on Jamf to help them succeed with Apple. We don’t say we are the best, but we strive to be the best. We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for making people’s lives easier, paving the way for a better Apple experience in government organizations, hospitals, businesses, and schools.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. The Assistant General Counsel is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Legal Department; providing a proactive and collaborative approach to the legal and business issues associated with a dynamic, growing, and innovative global software company. The Assistant General Counsel will partner with the General Counsel to provide oversight of the daily operations of the legal department. The Assistant General Counsel will provide effective and practical advice on company strategies and their implementation, manage certain legal department staff and partner with outside counsel as needed. The Assistant General Counsel will be an active participant in the daily affairs of the legal team, directly involved on both routine matters as well as complex business transactions and initiatives.
- Corporate: responsibility for management of the company’s domestic and international entities;
- Intellectual property: Providing strategic direction to the company in developing, acquiring and protecting IP assets on a global basis;
- Strategic transactions / Mergers + Acquisitions: Serve as key advisor on major business transactions, including financing, capital-raising, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures as directed by the General Counsel;
- Compliance: Provide advice on laws and regulations impacting the company and manage implementation of required compliance initiatives;
- Commercial and Contract: Prepare and provide substantive, proactive strategic legal counseling and drafting on a wide range of transactions including license, product development, service, sales distribution, strategic partnership and standard form agreements;
- Legal Operations: Identify and recommend solutions that will enable the more efficient delivery of legal services to the company;
- Management: Oversee the company’s internal legal staff providing management, direction and development opportunities to colleagues;
- New Business: Provide strategic counseling and advice on new business opportunities including new channels, new customer types and new geographies and assist in conducting due diligence investigations related to these opportunities;
- Budget: Develop and manage annual budget and expenses for the legal department;
- Provide all levels of staff, including management, with timely and succinct legal advice to effectively communicate risks and alternatives to internal clients;
- Such other matters related to the foregoing as may be assigned from time to time.
- Manage and provide direction to certain Legal department staff which may include lawyers, paralegals, operational and support staff.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Law degree and license to practice law in Minnesota
- 10-20 years of in-house experience in a corporate legal department
- A corporate generalist with a broad-base of substantive legal experience who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up environment.
- Technology business experience preferred
- Prior experience supervising staff in a corporation is required
- Significant substantive experience in IP, M+A and corporate transactions required
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all types of people and at all levels of the company
- Strong analytical, judgment and decision-making skills
- Flexible and pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Ability to manage competing priorities and demands on time
- Not ‘just’ a lawyer
- Pro-active risk manager on both business and legal requirements
- Possesses a natural curiosity and interest for the business strategies
- Leverages technical competencies required in order to meet and/or exceed those strategies
- Strong leadership skills to both lead and work within a team, providing guidance to legal and commercial colleagues
- Exceptional communicator that is client facing
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to travel as needed
How we help you reach your best potential:
- We are progressive, but laid back. You are free to be you and work how you work best. Here, you manage your own day and your own work style.
- Be your own self-starter. We support each other no doubt, but we thrive taking initiative and are empowered to roll up our sleeves, dig in, and push forward.
- Our people are what make us great, and we protect our people. Jamfs across the globe receive a superior compensation and benefits package.
- Everyone has a voice and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- Opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 34,000 global customers with the best Apple Device Management solution in the world
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us at a 96% customer retention rate
- Ability to support and give back to your community through volunteer paid time off.
- We embrace all perspectives. Our employee led I&D groups encourage employees to make real, actionable differences here at Jamf.
- Ability to grow in your professional career through advancement opportunities, including tuition reimbursement for those obtaining a degree.
- 20 of the Top 25 Fortune 500 companies rely on Jamf to do their best work.
- We are relentless, but we are selfless. You can create and be creative, dig in, break it down, and troubleshoot to help others make sense of technology.
- Opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for people by constantly building and improving the best Apple enterprise solution in the world.
- Best – in – class training in professional growth and product knowledge.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it in their gut to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities.