Director, Market Research
EagleView | Marketing
As the company looks to grow its position in the marketplace, the Marketing organization is looking for a strategic analyst who is passionate about understanding the technology areas we play in, the trends shaping the industries we serve and how the competitive landscape is evolving.
In this role as Director, Market Research, your focus will be to conduct research projects and ongoing competitive analysis to inform the product roadmap and innovation priorities, marketing and branding, competitive positioning and customer retention and growth strategies.
The candidate will engage our customers through a variety of listening methods, including surveys, focus groups, listening tours, advisory boards as well as market and competitive research. You will deliver thoughtful recommendations and influence business decisions to maximize value.
• Drive a research agenda for EagleView’s product lines and associated business persona/customer target.
• Ability to leverage insights and storytelling to inform and influence the Marketing bill of materials and product roadmap.
• Develop deep knowledge of the business, customer and competitive landscape and translate business questions into customer listening plans that include mixed-method research programs.
• Integrate insights from a vast array of primary and secondary sources to create a holistic, 360- degree view of the customer.
• Represent the unbiased voice of the customer in team meetings, business reviews and product roadmap planning sessions.
• Demonstrate thought leadership by leveraging business knowledge to proactively identify new research opportunities and listening engagements.
• Become a strategic partner and trusted advisor to the company’s executive leadership.
• Conducts research to support the business, including:
• Persona development (based on the needs of different product lines)
• Market and competitive trends research to inform the product roadmap
• Focus groups on a wide array of topics
• Messaging and naming studies
• Quantitative survey design and logistics
• Collaborate with research team members and Marketing stakeholders to analyze results, identify key insights, and generate clear business recommendations.
• Innovate and build world-class global listening programs. Identify and implement new research methods and tools to continually improve the value of customer and market insights within the organization.
You’re our ideal candidate if you are…
• Intellectually curious and analytical – You have a good balance of business, technology, and market knowledge and can quickly analyze a situation and ask the right questions.
• Goal-oriented and tenacious – You’re self-motivated and structured in how you tackle and bring projects to a close. You manage yourself and vendors to meet deadlines.
• A good communicator and collaborator – You’re proactive and clear in your communications. You write clear research briefs and can articulate findings effectively to different types of audiences.
• A multi-tasker – You can prioritize activities and deliverables, manage multiple projects effectively and drive them to completion with a focus on producing measurable results.
• Able to deal with ambiguity – You can be flexible and agile to adjust plans and strategy and apply new learning.
• A big picture thinker – You can think strategically about a portfolio of solutions and contribute to broader product and go-to-market strategy for a product family.
• 12+ years of experience, ideally from a combination of client and supplier side market research
• Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
• Customer-obsessed and relentless in leveraging insights to inform the right decisions
• Ability to translate data and insights into powerful, compelling stories that bring customers to life and inspire action
• Proven track record of influencing and inspiring cross-functional peers and senior leaders by generating and implementing new ideas
• Self-motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced, startup environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience with selling research plans to business partners and leadership — some funding for your research programs will come from these stakeholders
• Strong written communication, verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Experience, and Product Management.
• Demonstrated success working for a North America based company and collaborating effectively across time zones.
• Understanding of any of the industries (Insurance, Local Government, Construction, Solar, Oil and Gas) EagleView services is a plus
• Experience using survey tools such as Qualtrics and FocusVision Decipher
• BA or BS degree required. MBA preferred.
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.