Numerator | Finance & Admin
The Controller is responsible for the company's financial controls and policies, its accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports.
This position will oversee the timely monthly close of the Indian General Ledger, coordination of statutory audits, compliance with local tax laws, the establishment and maintenance of accounting policies, and the development of efficient and effective processes that also support compliance with internal controls.
Additionally, this position includes responsibility for all daily activities and development of a team of employees. The team consists of an AP clerk, Senior Accountant and a team of accountants. The team is supporting the US, Canada, Jamaica, UK and Australia in addition to the local statutory requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for completion of accurate and timely monthly financial close for India, including intercompany transaction documentation with the US.
- Compliance with iGAAP and U.S. GAAP, enforce company accounting policies, practices and internal controls, and ensure consistency in accounting on a worldwide basis
- Ensures financial accounts are properly supported and reconciled
- Responsible for maintaining a robust financial and operational control environment for the Indian business in compliance with the company policies
- Provide the business with timely, accurate and insightful analysis of the results and forecast, leading to accelerated business performance; responsible for delivery of accurate books of accounts - P&L; balance sheet and cash flow
- The Controller will be responsible for providing the leadership team with reports and insights, providing all financial submissions to the global team and managing all local budgets and business targets
- Directs the daily activities and the career development of team members, including hiring, coaching, reviewing work, establishing goals and performance management of Global team members as required
- Work closely with the Corporate Controller's Group and interface with the local management to provide technical, operational and other support on an as-needed basis
- Ensure compliance with all statutory tax compliance for India, incl. federal, state, GST, payroll, and other applicable taxes and regulations
- Identify opportunities to improve cost structure
- Strong communication with senior leaders throughout the organization
- Degree in Accounting
- Chartered Accountant
- 10-15+ years of post-qualification experience
- Extensive experience in the areas of financial reporting and accounting
- Statutory compliance and taxation
- SaaS experience is strongly preferred
- Prior management experience required
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and Indian GAAP
- Should have managed Indian taxation
- Strong knowledge of statutory tax compliance requirements (direct and indirect)
- Experience of working in the IT (Information Technology) industry in India is a pre-requisite
- Experience of having managed a team of Finance and Accounting professionals
- Experience in working in a Global environment
- Passion for instituting effective and efficient processes and controls
- Communication skills for credibility at all levels of the organization
- Natural sense of ownership for projects and duties and innate desire to lead by example
- Strong organization skills required
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced technology company environment
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi‐task efficiently and manage individuals.
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Familiarity with NetSuite is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.