Manager of Software Development
Trintech | Software Engineering
Trintech is currently expanding its Software Engineering, SaaS Operations, and Information Technology teams in its Addison, TX headquarters. Do you enjoy tackling problems that are difficult to solve? Do you envision yourself accelerating your career as a member of technology and engineering teams who ensure the highest level of innovation and quality? Are you meticulous in your attention to detail and someone who takes your commitments seriously? Do you enjoy working in small teams that do the same? If so, you might make a good fit in our innovative, high-energy work environment.
Trintech is looking for its next leader on the software development team. This professional manages an Agile Software Product Team and their projects, fosters an environment conducive to innovation and career development, and establishes a culture of quality up front development. He or she also acts as an entrepreneur in initiating and managing technology projects in order to meet business goals and delight our customers.
Essential job Duties & Functions
- Leads a team of high performing developers and quality assurance staff who develop on the full end-to-end Microsoft stack.
- Works hand in hand with Product Management to achieve product delivery goals.
- Staffs development teams from scratch, managing recruiting efforts to fill individual positions and selects candidates for hire.
- Conducts performance reviews, selects candidates for promotion, and manages performance improvement plans as necessary.
- Proactively manages individual career development and fosters overall employee career development.
- Generates innovative approaches and solutions to problems
- Understands the use of technology and how its implementation affects strategic business goals
- Oversees development and implementation of designs
- Is responsible for effectively identifying and migrating non-development tasks to support work teams
- Communicates in a professional manner when interacting with less-experienced staff, peers, senior staff, and internal or external customers
- Demonstrates the ability to actively listen to others
- Communicates project plans, goals, and status to other work units and departmental & project strategies within area of influence
- Channels strategic ideas and other input from staff to senior levels
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Been there done that leader of Agile software development teams with successful track record of delivering multi-tier SaaS solutions on time, with high quality, and that delight customers.
- 2-3 years of experience leading an agile software development team.
- 5 years of successful experience with Agile methodologies, primarily SCRUM.
- 2 years of experience creating and building out new high performing software
- 5 years of development experience in a senior or leadership role in an agile environment.
- 3 years of experience creating cloud software solutions.
- Experience designing and implementing quality up front initiatives.
- Verifiable track record of working hand in hand with Product Management to achieve product delivery goals.
- Expert knowledge in modern development tools and methodologies
- Experience building project artifacts such as forecasts, sprint plans, and budget documents.
- Experience for reviewing cost/benefit analyses of design alternatives and collaborates with technical staff before selecting final design.
- Experience working in a SAFe framework.
- Experience implementing and managing a TDD framework.
- Experience in commercial software.
- Experience developing software using PaaS, SaaS, and IaaS solutions in Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in the financial or accounting software space.