Data Developer IV
MINDBODY | Product Development
This Data Developer Engineer IV role will be instrumental in supporting the growth of the MINDBODY platforms and the data that supports it. The Data Developer Engineer IV role will be responsible for expanding and improving the application data layer to support large interactive datasets and multiple database technologies.
The Data Developer Engineer IV will work closely with database engineers and application architects to ensure best practices and design standards are implemented. Working as part of an Agile team the Data Developer Engineer IV will be responsible for new development and maintenance of the existing code base.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 7 years’ experience as a Sr. level application data developer in an online/SaaS environment.
- 5 years’ experience building large-scale, distributed, high-volume systems.
- Must be able to work with un-, semi-, or highly-structured data.
- Must have experience with data streaming technologies such as Kafka or Kinesis
- Ability to write code that interfaces with remote APIs and information services (e.g. REST, JSON, XML).
- Experience with MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL, column-store or non-relational databases for OLTP and analytical workloads.
- Comfortable working with large datasets consisting of hundreds of millions of records.
- Skilled in Spark development for streaming and batch processing of data
- Experience with AWS/Azure cloud solutions
- Expert-level knowledge of using SQL to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data.
- Knowledge of service model architecture and micro-services.
- Ability to work effectively in a team situation with other developers and database personnel
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Building data products from end-end: Software Architecture, Data Aggregation and Integration, Analytical Presentation of Data.
- Designing, building and maintaining secure and performant data pipelines as it relates to a cloud-based microservice architecture and integrating legacy monolith datastores
- Data Developer has a strong understanding of translating business requirements into data store/retrieve/flow of data lifecycles.
- Extensive experience in building and connecting all layers in a data product.