Director of Global Infrastructure and Enterprise Automation
Trintech | SaaS Operations
Job Summary: Trintech’s Director of Global Infrastructure and Enterprise Automation is responsible for global delivery of infrastructure and data center services supporting consolidation of more than 12 data centers with a focus on automation and orchestration to drive efficiency, reduce costs, and support 3,000 SaaS clients.
Organization: The Director of Infrastructure and Automation reports to the VP of Cloud and is a leader in the overall Chief Technology Officer’s organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Mentor and develop senior technology staff responsible for systems and network engineering, in-house and co-located data centers, and global 24x7 operations.
- Drive automation and orchestration to reduce operating costs and support scalable growth.Evolve infrastructure toolset driving development through product backlogs.
- Lead integration of infrastructure as code and CI/CD pipelines for application deployments.
- Support ISO 27001 and SOC 1/2 compliance and consolidation across more than 12 global data centers integrating managed and co-located and public and private cloud services.
- Drive creation of standards and artifacts to evolve architecture working closely with Information Security, Product Management, Software Engineering, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Own ITIL-based core processes including change, incident and problem management.Mentor team members managing Major Incident response, RCAs and preventative actions, and weekly change control board.
- Manage vendor relationships to develop strategic partnerships, maintain focus on customer satisfaction, and reduce costs year over year.
- Build and evolve collaborative relationships with Presales, Sales, RFP, Legal, Services, and Support teams to liaise with clients regarding infrastructure, automation, and service delivery.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.Will consider an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven results delivering multiple concurrent projects within an “on time and on budget” enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated success and 10+ years experience applying agile project management to complex infrastructure projects including data center migrations, consolidation, and automation.
- Senior technical leadership that includes 15+ years experience supporting global client-facing 24x7 production environments, preferably in software and SaaS companies.
- 5+ years of experience supporting VMware vCloud Foundation including a combination of vSphere, NSX, vSAN, and vRealize suite (automation, orchestration, and reporting).
- 2+ years of experience managing environments with multiple operating systems and technology stacks including Microsoft and open source without a bias for either.
- DevOps focus and past experience with tools such as Ansible, Puppet, and Chef desired.
- Strong business process creation and management skills.
- Experience in budget management and financial planning for service delivery teams.
- Experience working in consulting or other high-growth, fast-paced agile environments where technology is leveraged as an asset to drive culture, quality, and velocity.
- Able to adhere to technical standards that augment security and infrastructure architecture.
- Ability to strongly influence peers and technical staff within the team.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification is desired.Agile Certified Professional (ACP) certification is a plus.
- One or more relevant technical certifications (Microsoft, VMware, RedHat, Cisco, CISSP, etc.) demonstrating proficiency across technical domains.
- Experience deploying and using enterprise ticketing systems and tools (ServiceNow, Remedy, TFS, JIRA, etc.).
- The ability to hire and recruit team members for a growing team.
- Information Security and Regulatory Compliance experience (SOX, SOC 1/2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, etc.).