Network Systems Administrator
CentralSquare Technologies | General & Administrative
Network Administrator will deploy, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot network systems and software in an enterprise environment. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures of server, virtual server, and network administration. Has in-depth understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures network and security systems, including, but not limited to Firewalls, IPS/IDS, routers, switches, within CentralSquare Technologies and the Cloud Solutions team. Will be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in network administration. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, as well as pre-established guidelines and instructions to perform the functions of the job. Works under General supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Reports to a Team Lead, Manager, or Director.
This will require after-normal-business hours support and possible weekend work, and will require being part of the technical 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Service-oriented mentality.
- High sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned.
- Focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs
- Strong communicator.Establish and maintain communications with customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, influence customers, and successfully set their expectations.Has well developed listening skills. Able to manage difficult customer situations.
- Able to resolve basic and intermediate issues within CST application, servers, and network, independently.Proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Able to perform root cause analysis of problems.
- Able maintain effective team relationships through appropriate communications skills, participation in team discussions, and assisting other team members with resolving issues or completing projects.
- Azure Networking and VPN
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of (2) two years of firewall, router, switch experience (Cisco ASA/FTD, Catalyst, Nexus)
- Experience with layer 3 routing protocols and layer 2 switching.
- Experience deploying, maintaining, troubleshooting large S2S VPN environments. Experience with remote access VPN technologies as well.
- Experience with Web Application Firewalls and Load Balancers (F5).
- Knowledge of IPS/IDS systems (Cisco, FortiGate or other)
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in an enterprise-scale data centers working in a multi-vendor hardware/software environment.
- Familiarity with typical Data Center technologies, such as virtualization, compute, and storage technologies.
- Certification is a requirement; Cisco – CCNA, CCNP, or similar.
- Master or Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields or equivalent 4 years of work experience required.
- 5-7 years’ work experience in a production environment