Technical Support Specialist Associate
Omnitracs | GNS Tier-1 Customer Support
The Technical Support Specialist provides technical assistance to internal and external customers. This mid-level specialist should receive very little instructions on routine work; exercises prudent judgment within the defined processes and practices of the department in troubleshooting and developing solutions to a variety of complex problems and technical issues involving software and hardware. The Technical Support Specialist should have the ability to communication vertically and horizontally.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques and standards.
- Consistently applies general application of concepts and principles during troubleshooting process
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Consistently refers to policies and practices for guidance.Exercises good judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Troubleshoots problems by applying technical and customer support skills by ensuring solutions are consistent with department objectives.
- Able to identify software/hardware trends
- Reports Failure Requests with limited guidance and in a timely manner in order to initiate the bug tracking process to Tier 2
- Provide management with comprehensive weekly status reports and situation updates.
- Responsible for prioritization, progress and completion of assigned cases, emails and projects.
- Provides additional support if requested or necessary.
- Able to resolve complicated application and sensitive data issues with customers.
- Recommends and implements technical solutions for our customers
- May perform other duties as assigned (training, case reviews, customer meetings)
- Assists customers in configuring and setting up software applications
- Provide external and internal customers on the proper use and behaviors of the mobile platforms and applications related to Omnitracs’ services
- Sets the example for Associate Specialist ensuring department objectives and directives are achieved
- Provides enterprise 24/7 support for all Omnitracs’ products and Services
- Flexible schedule
- Provide Management with weekly status reports
- EDUCATION: Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or Information Systems desired
- CERTIFICATIONS: Technical Training or Certificate Program, preferred
- EXPERIENCE: 3+ years’ experience of high level technical support, networking, operating systems or software troubleshooting experience; and/or 3+ years’ experience in a technical customer service role, preferred
- Working knowledge of hardware Operating systems
- Working knowledge of database concepts and platforms
- Understanding of troubleshooting tools and technologies
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and support enterprise-level, web and client-based applications
- Ability to support standard operating systems
- Ability to configure software to connect to Internet application servers
- Ability to identify, correct or advise on technical issues on a customer’s personal/work computer system or mobile device platform.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instructions and/or direction
- Ability to multi-task and work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to test and install software and execute test plan with limited instruction
- Ability to provide technical support for our internal department
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.