Director of Technical Support
Omnitracs | Support Engineering
The Sr. Manager or Director of Technical Support oversees the Tier 0 and Tier 1 technical support staff who are the first line of technical product support to Omnitracs’ customers. This team is responsible for responding to and resolving technical client facing issues through various forms of communication, primarily phone and email. Management of the team will include measuring the performance of support staff against established benchmarks, ensuring all client interactions are handled in an efficient and quality focused manner, and providing coaching and feedback to improve team performance. This role brings customer issues to the attention of other areas of the organization. The leader of this team will also be expected to develop strategic initiatives for the team and will be accountable for the tactical implementation of those initiatives within their teams.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Set clear goals, delegate tasks, set deadlines, and oversee day-to-day team operations
- Manage the performance of the team against all established tech support benchmarks and metrics; proactively identify opportunities to improve customer experience
- Monitor, oversee and regulate open customer cases throughout the issue lifecycle to ensure compliance with documented service level agreements.
- Identify, highlight, and document best practices through continuous assessment, and recommending process and product recommendations to the leadership team
- Conduct regularly scheduled team, one-on-one meetings, and performance reviews with direct reports to address employee issues, provide updates regarding performance, and give direction regarding company and department policies and procedures
- Oversee training and onboarding of new team members
- Provide guidance and serve as an escalation point to the team and serve as liaison with other departments
- Work closely with other departments (eg. Product development, sales, professional services) to provide feedback, develop processes, and ensure a great customer experience
- Properly staff and stay actively involved in the recruiting and onboarding processes for the team
- Develop and implement tactical plans for achieving strategic initiatives
- Schedule flexibility due to 24/7 environment
- Set strategic vision for Customer Support, ensure team effectively translates vision into process that align with strategies
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or Associate’s degree with proven work experience
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical support or customer support role; minimum of 3 years’ experience managing customer support teams or a call center environment
- Previous management experience with accountability for budget achievement, personnel management, and departmental performance
- Prior experience managing a call center and/or an hourly workforce
- Knowledge of offshore resourcing strategies and managing an offshore team
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to learn proprietary software
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic cross-functional environment and provide leadership when operating in a crisis situation with customers
- Strong customer support skills and ability to manage customer satisfaction
- Proven ability in delivering results in a high-performance customer support organization
- Team oriented and able to build and maintain strong inter-team and inter-departmental relationships
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of business partners and ability to translate technical details to any audience.
- Ability to train and technically develop team members
- Flexibility and creativity in successfully managing multiple competing priorities
- Ability to multi-task on several projects and collaborate with groups and customers of various technical skill levels
- Ability to prioritize projects and escalate issues to the appropriate parties as necessary
- Encourage adherence to process and provide change initiatives when necessary.
- Ability to travel to different company locations across the U.S. and Mexico
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.