Technical Support Engineer
Ping Identity | Tier I Support (3101)
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Ping Identity has an industry leading suite of software and services products which are centered around industry standards such as SAML, OAuth, OIDC, FIDO, LDAP etc. Our SSO, Directory, MFA, CIAM and API Intelligence systems can be found operating in the Cloud and in customer’s private data centers.
The successful individual will be responsible for the first level of support for Ping Identity’s global customers using any of our products including PingFederate, PingAccess, PingDirectory, PingOne, PingID, and any supported integration kits. The environment is fast paced and requires mental dexterity. Our Tier 1 team consists of highly skilled engineers and we welcome new industry talent to join our Ping family. New college graduates and those interested in career growth are welcome to apply!
- Triage customer engagements
- Gather the required information
- Manage expectations
- Investigate issues and queries using the existing bodies of knowledge and test labs
- Communicate frequently and proactively follow up with the customer via phone, mail and internet meeting systems
- Actively participate in our community system (public facing Q&A)
- Contribute to our knowledge base
Our Tier 1 engineers respond to customer inquiries, triage issues, identify scope and gather information to ensure cases are properly documented in our ITSM tool. Our Technical Support Engineering team is responsible for researching functionality and usability related issues; working with our customer’s IT personnel to understand the nature of the issue and communicate steps to resolve or consult and escalate to the next tier when needed.
Team members must be able to work a flexible schedule supporting our global customer base
- Familiar with SaaS applications (Salesforce, Google, etc) and supporting SaaS solutions
- Troubleshooting web-based applications (through HTTP Tracing tools and log analysis) in browsers and applications servers
- Understanding of Single Sign On (SAML, OAuth, OpenID & WS-FED)
- Understanding of Multi Factor Authentication (PingID, SecurID, DUO etc)
- Understanding of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol and Directory Services
- Passion for customer service
- Ability and motivation to be innovative when finding solutions
- Desire to learn new and exciting technologies
- Excellent interpersonal verbal & written communication skills
- Logical troubleshooting ability and analytical skill.
- Well organised with effective workload management