Granicus | Digital Engagement Services
The Granicus Experience Group helps governments better serve the public in today’s digital world. We help our clients build better citizen experiences while getting the most out of their Granicus citizen-engagement technology. GXG produces agency-like, multi-channel digital communications, engagement, and collaboration strategies for civic and government organizations.
GXG has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated digital designer to contribute to our in-house team of strategists, analysts, communicators, and Granicus technology experts. This role is responsible for creating high-level design concepts on behalf of GXG clients, including landing pages, email creative, social media graphics, banner ads and print.
The opportunities to make a difference while working on digital-first initiatives for the public sector are limitless. Your role will require you to create new ideas, work directly with our government clients to flesh out these ideas, and help bring these ideas to reality. Our projects are typically long-term engagements completed in collaboration with Granicus and client professionals.
Our growing team of digital thinkers and creators drive excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of programmatic campaigns and content. Strong candidates will have a proven track record of delivering programmatic digital campaigns for clients, preferably for government. Candidates will have experience developing content for multichannel campaigns and/or websites, analyzing data to inform decisions, and leading large-scale or program-level projects for clients.
Strong candidates will be storytellers, regardless of platform, able to turn strategies and goals into compelling content and campaigns for a wide variety of audiences. Candidates must have a desire to be part of a data-driven, client-focused, fast-paced team that loves the mission of improving the citizen experience and providing world-class service to government clients. Our program managers collaborate closely with our strategy and data teams to assess the effectiveness of our plans over time.
Projects range from assessing the effectiveness of a rural county’s digital communications initiative, to driving awareness-to-action of a state-wide social services initiative, to growing a large federal agency’s digital audience in a short timeframe, to managing the largest online community to advance national preparedness and resilience. The position reports to the Manager of the Digital Engagement Services team based in D.C.
What You'll Do:
- Work within brand guidelines and style guides to design creative assets for innovative, multichannel digital programs for public sector clients. Execute across Granicus’ evolving suite of digital products, with a heavy focus on designing creative assets across email, social media, SMS, and websites.
- Collaborate closely with our team of experience strategists and program managers to translate strategy into action through designed email content, homepages, landing pages, banner ads, social ads, print and interactive media
- Establish the look and feel for various promotions that live across multiple digital assets
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to find solutions that solve creative and business needs
- Interface with third party vendors that provide various design and accessibility testing.
- Stay on the cutting edge with web design, email design, government communications, and online marketing trends
- Continuously demonstrate a polished, professional relationship with colleagues and clients by being organized, prepared and proactive. Have an authentic and polished presence at all times.
- Occasionally represent Granicus Digital Engagement Services in speaking roles, panel participation, webinars, workshops and client outreach, as well as attend and participate in industry conferences and workshops throughout the U.S. as needed.
- Become an expert on Granicus products and future product development by keeping abreast of new and upcoming enhancements to our platform.
What We Need In You:
- Five years of experience in digital marketing design, preferably in a digital/social media company serving government or at a government agency.
- Thorough understanding of graphic design for web, email, photography, typography, and color theory, with a passion for creative content development and delivery in a heavy client-facing capacity
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Functional design-minded aesthetic awareness
- Strong portfolio demonstrating compelling design across email, SMS, social and web. Deep understanding of accessibility/508 compliance, responsive email template design, and social media content.
- Understand and use digital tools, technologies and trends, then leverage those for client success
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment and to work well under pressure
- Excitement for managing multiple simultaneous tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and/or enthusiasm for working with government. Passionate about public service, citizen engagement and all things digital
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating strong personal initiative and on-time delivery of project tasks and deliverables.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of government news, as well as digital communications and industry developments that apply to the position and responsibilities.
- Be hungry and passionate, have a collaborative spirit and be committed to making a difference with communications and collaboration.
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.