Internal Communications Manager
PowerSchool | G&A
PowerSchool, a Vista Equity Partners and Onex Partners backed software company, serves tens of thousands of school districts worldwide and 3 out of every 4 students in North America. We believe in the simple truth that every student deserves the best opportunities in life. That’s why our mission is to power the education ecosystem with unified technology that helps educators and students realize their potential, in their way.
As a PowerSchooler, you will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic, growth-oriented company that is powered by a lively bunch of curious and brilliant minds that enjoy confronting challenges and supporting our communities. You will be surrounded by passionate people who share our vision, embody our core values, and have team spirit!
Over the course of multiple years, we've acquired and merged several companies whose employee populations span multiple cities across the globe. As our Internal Communications Manager, you will be challenged with conveying meaningful communications from the executive leadership team to PowerSchoolers all over the world.
Using a variety of communication channels you will promote positive messaging to employees through regular activities across management, HR and other functions to support the company's strategy and health. You will also be responsible for overall employee recognition and engagement. You must understand the overall PowerSchool business strategy and articulate it in a way that is intelligible for everyone.
You will also:
- Develop campaign communications strategies detailing key messages to use with internal audiences
- Proactively manage information flows through email, events, chat, content and other activities
- Serve as primary author of executive communication to employees Revamp and own company intranet Publish content on intranet, social channels, blogs and other internal outlets
- Own employee engagement, leading engagement surveys and eNPS and follow on activities
- Drive employee recognition strategy and tools
- Create content and story angles to drive greater awareness around specific issues, or further engagement Coordinate with other program leaders and Marketing to ensure consistency with internal and external communication strategy and messaging
- Establish best practices across the organization by conducting gap analysis of existing processes, identifying needed changes and documenting approved Standard Operating Procedures
- Manage participation in relevant industry awards programs
- Develop and execute employee communication program, including announcements of new programs
- Partner with CEO and Executives to understand organization goals and develop a strategy to execute
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism or Communications
- 5+ years of experience working in public relations, internal communications, organizational learning, or related field
- Proven success increasing employee engagement
- Experience partnering with CEO and/or other executives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective communication and presentation to stakeholders
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Message and story development
- Familiarity with social media management and measurement tools