Jamf | 310 - Product Management
Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people love to businesses, schools, and government organizations. After watching hundreds of users struggle to deploy, update, and secure Apple computers, iPads, and iPhones in business and in the classroom, we knew there had to be a better way to handle such pesky IT functions. Removing the barriers of technology and empowering doctors to treat patients, teachers to teach, and businesses to thrive.
Today, more than 34,000 customers from more than 150 countries rely on Jamf to help them succeed with Apple. We don’t say we are the best, but we strive to be the best. We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for making people’s lives easier, paving the way for a better Apple experience in government organizations, hospitals, businesses, and schools.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. The Product Owner facilitates the development of valuable products that meet the needs of Jamf customers and deliver toward the company strategy. They play critical role in Product Management by converting roadmap initiatives into backlog items, prioritizing the backlog based on business and customer needs and ultimately shipping new product features to the market.
The Product Owner team at Jamf utilizes the Scrum Product Owner principles to guide them in shipping valuable, working software frequently. The Product Owner plays a key communication role at Jamf by clarifying the product vision, performing as the voice of the customer, and completing enablement activities to share their product enhancements.
- Grows and maintains knowledge in assigned areas of responsibility by taking actions to self-educate, such as attending ongoing education programs and interviewing customers
- Leads and inspires engineering teams to ensure the group builds the most valuable product, in the smallest time-frame possible, while delivering with quality
- Acts as the final decision maker to define what is in and out of scope for a product initiative
- Operates within strategic organizational requirements to deliver features on time, within the allocated budget and that meet stakeholder criteria
- Collaborates with engineering teams and stakeholders to create and maintain the Product Backlog by continuously defining user stories, prioritizing backlog items, and evaluating scope
- Balances the prioritization of backlog items to meet goals for new product initiatives, technical initiatives, and to fix existing product issues
- Participates in Scrum ceremonies and events that will enable engineering teams to deliver value as efficiently as possible
- Defines success criteria for each assigned product initiative and validates achievement during and after delivery
- Communicates each team’s release forecast and associated risks with the organization.
- Participates in team growth activities and helps simplify the Product Owner discipline across the Jamf portfolio
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- One or more years of relevant Product Owner experience, with a demonstrated track record of delivering new and profitable products (Required)
- Two or more years working with, leading, and motivating teams (Required)
- Experience as a member of a complex team, such as cross-functional or international teams (Preferred)
- One or more years delivering product in an Agile development environment (Preferred)
- One or more years working with the Atlassian software suite (Preferred)
- Personal or professional use of Apple hardware and their ecosystem (Preferred)
- Presents and summarizes information in varied ways, depending on the audience
- Stays organized, capable of compiling information to be referenced later
- Runs a presentation effectively, such as creating useful visuals and managing an audience
- Manages time appropriately, understands how to prioritize daily work without guidance
- Schedules and leads varied types of meetings, such as customer interviews and international engineering sessions
- Makes decisions logically, able to gather data and evaluate risks versus rewards
- Interprets complex technical ideas and translates them into easy to understand, value proposals
- Builds trust in teams, balances working collaboratively with team leadership
- Copes with stressors analytically and employs techniques to return to the primary focus
- Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, highly motivated and team player
- Successfully uses virtual hardware and software for remote conferences or meetings
How we help you reach your best potential:
- We are progressive, but laid back. You are free to be you and work how you work best. Here, you manage your own day and your own work style.
- Be your own self-starter. We support each other no doubt, but we thrive taking initiative and are empowered to roll up our sleeves, dig in, and push forward.
- Our people are what make us great, and we protect our people. Jamfs across the globe receive a superior compensation and benefits package.
- Everyone has a voice and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- Opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 34,000 global customers with the best Apple Device Management solution in the world
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us at a 96% customer retention rate
- We are relentless, but we are selfless. You can create and be creative, dig in, break it down, and troubleshoot to help others make sense of technology.
- Opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for people by constantly building and improving the best Apple enterprise solution in the world.
- Best – in – class training in professional growth and product knowledge.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it in their gut to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities.