Engineer - Python
Numerator | Engineering
Job Posting: Senior Full Stack Engineer
Owned by Vista Equity Partners, one of the largest and most successful data and software private equity firms in the world, Numerator provides unparalleled consumer insights at a massive scale. Our technology harnesses data through the application of gamified mobile apps and sophisticated web crawling technology to deliver an unmatched view of consumer shopping and purchase experience.
Numerator is looking for a passionate Senior Back End Engineer to join our Price Intel Team located in our Pune office. As part of our Price Intel team, you will be implementing exciting new features that engage and influence Numerator’s customers. Our team faces a variety of unique and interesting challenges, from creating new tools and components, implementing critical web services and creating new and engaging end-user experiences. This is a fast-paced role with high growth, visibility, impact, and where many of the decisions for new projects will be driven by you and your team from inception through production.
If you are seeking an environment where you get to do meaningful work with other great engineers, then we want to hear from you!
What you will get to do
Help and creare the design, architecture, and execution of everything from front to back.
Make decisions about code design, architecture, and refactoring to balance technical debt against delivering functionality.
Collaborate with your team to design, build, test and ship high quality software to Numerator’s customers while shaping Numerator’s technical roadmap for the Price Intel Platform.
Lead medium-large feature projects from conception to completion, working with stakeholders to identify project risks and recommend mitigating solutions.
Collaborate with our cross-functional team to build powerful and easy-to-use products.
Mentor junior engineers and perform code reviews
What you bring
- Have 5+ years of experience in a backend or full stack role.
- Experience in a back-end Engineering role where you have contributed at design, testing and development of a high traffic website..
- Experience writing clean code that performs well at scale.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL and/or NoSQL).
- Experience with Restful API Design & Implementation.
- Deep technical knowledge developed through multiple years of hands-on software engineering and a proven ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance to your team.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Motivation to participate in ongoing learning and growth through pair programming, test-driven development, code reviews, and application of new technologies and best practices.
- You look ahead to identify opportunities and foster a culture of innovation.
- Interest and desire to learn multiple technology stacks
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
Nice to haves
- Experience working in a modern web application stack (React, Backbone, Angular, Ember, etc.)
- Previous experience working with a geographically distributed software engineering team.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment
- Expertise with big data, analytics, machine learning, and personalization.
- Start-up or CPG industry experience