Business Development Representative
STATS PERFORM | Sales & Marketing
Who we are:
As the world’s leading sports data and technology company, STATS powers sports. We are trusted by more than 800 clients around the globe to enhance fan engagement and maximize team performance by analyzing sports data from more than 100,000 games a year with unrivaled speed and accuracy. We power sports on and off the field through data feeds, video analysis, sports content and research, player tracking and customizable digital solutions.
Automated Insights, a division of Stats Perform, is looking for a Business Development Representative in our Durham, NC location.
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you’ll bring energy, aggressiveness, passion and a sales focus to engage with our prospects and generate new business opportunities for STATS. You’ll play a critical role in our growth and gain invaluable experience that could springboard you into a career in sales. At STATS, you’ll actively prospect for new leads, execute targeted marketing campaigns and qualify active buying interest. You’ll typically be the first to interact with a prospect, so it is imperative that you create a phenomenal experience that will set the stage for sales follow up and future account growth. In this role you’ll:
What You’ll Do:
· Educate prospective clients – over the phone – on the value of STATS’ renowned products and services
· Qualify leads with the goal of determining if the prospect fits the buying criteria
· Partner with sales executives to create customized plans for sales territories, with a goal of achieving monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets
· Work closely with marketing to develop targeted lists, call strategies and messaging to drive sales-ready opportunities
· Research and build new target accounts while also acquiring referrals and further contact information from existing prospects
· Manage, track and report all activities in Salesforce.com
What You’ll Need:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or any other relevant field
· 1+ year of experience in sales development, sales or marketing; experience with data services, software or technology-enabled services is an advantage
· Intellectual curiosity, along with a competitive spirit and desire to meet and achieve goals
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent time management and organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Previous use of Salesforce.com an advantage
About Automated Insights
Automated Insights (Ai) helps organizations make better business decisions, faster. By empowering data-driven organizations with Ai’s proprietary natural language generation (NLG) platform, Wordsmith, businesses are able to deliver the right insight, to the right person, at the right time and in the easiest-to-understand medium—the written word. Wordsmith makes exploring, discovering, and communicating insights easier than ever before. Our Wordsmith platform turns raw data into written narratives for clients like Activision, Yahoo!, and the Associated Press.
Our Values at STATS mimic those of foundationally great team franchises. We have ambition to win through effort, creativity, teamwork and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following:
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It’s Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator, and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are a driven and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and other accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.