Enterprise Support Engineer
Jamf | 203 - Enterprise Accounts
Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people love to businesses, schools, and government organizations. After watching hundreds of users struggle to deploy, update, and secure Apple computers, iPads, and iPhones in business and in the classroom, we knew there had to be a better way to handle such pesky IT functions. Removing the barriers of technology and empowering doctors to treat patients, teachers to teach, and businesses to thrive.
Today, more than 34,000 customers from more than 150 countries rely on Jamf to help them succeed with Apple. We don’t say we are the best, but we strive to be the best. We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for making people’s lives easier, paving the way for a better Apple experience in government organizations, hospitals, businesses, and schools.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. The Enterprise Support Engineer (ESE) works within the Enterprise Accounts organization and provides direct technical support for customers that have elected Premium Support. The ESE works closely with the Enterprise Customer Success Manager to assure a successful deployment. The ESE is responsible for supporting and troubleshooting issues with the installation, performance, and integration of Jamf products and supporting technologies. The ESE serves as a point of contact for all technical inquiries and escalations.
- Work directly with customers to troubleshoot, recreate, and/or resolve support issues related to Jamf products and supporting technologies
- Aid in the documentation of infrastructure of complex environmental setups to ensure highest possible availability and distributed systems of large environments
- Phone, email, and chat support for technical questions related to Jamf products
- Provide case management to ensure target response times are met
- As a customer advocate and account steward, demonstrate relentless commitment to developing effective solutions to the challenges that customers face in optimizing their deployment.
- Interface with product development and support teams to share client feedback, generate requirements and evaluate and test new product solutions
- Maintain and increase customer satisfaction and ensure retention
- Serves as a topic expert in one or more key product features (e.g. VPP, DEP)
- Flexibility to travel and shadow onsite engagements and troubleshooting
- Occasionally be available for Support issues outside of normal business hours
- Reproduce and submit Product Issues and Feature Requests
- Work cross departmentally as required to resolve customer issues
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- 2 – 4 Years Proven ability to excel at troubleshooting technical issues and finding solutions for business needs (Required)
- At least 1 Year Knowledge of Jamf product offerings and peripheral technologies (Preferred)
- 2 – 4 Years Experience with Client Management software, enterprise environment, and Macintosh experience desired (Preferred)
- 2 – 4 Years Ability to critically analyze issues and use judgment to make decisions (Required)
- < 2 Years Working knowledge of the architecture and tools relevant to implementation of Jamf products (Required)
- < 2 Years ability to understand and explain technical concepts related to Device Management (Required)
- Apple Platform knowledge (preferred)
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
- Preferred Certifications/Licensures: Jamf 100, Jamf 200, Jamf 300
- Strong Communication Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical terms in an easy to understand, non-technical manner
- Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, highly motivated and team player
- Ability to engage with and establish trust and rapport with all levels of customers and employees
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the organization
- Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity
- Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed and manifested in our work
How we help you reach your best potential:
- We are progressive, but laid back. You are free to be you and work how you work best. Here, you manage your own day and your own work style.
- Be your own self-starter. We support each other no doubt, but we thrive taking initiative and are empowered to roll up our sleeves, dig in, and push forward.
- Our people are what make us great, and we protect our people. Jamfs across the globe receive a superior compensation and benefits package.
- Everyone has a voice and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- Opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 34,000 global customers with the best Apple Device Management solution in the world
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us at a 96% customer retention rate
- Ability to support and give back to your community through volunteer paid time off.
- We embrace all perspectives. Our employee led I&D groups encourage employees to make real, actionable differences here at Jamf.
- Ability to grow in your professional career through advancement opportunities, including tuition reimbursement for those obtaining a degree.
- 20 of the Top 25 Fortune 500 companies rely on Jamf to do their best work.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it in their gut to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities.