Legal Pre-Sales Consultant
Advanced | Pre-Sales
Our best in class practice management software, chambers management software and legal forms are used by over 5,000 customers spanning law firms, barristers’ chambers, coroners’ offices and in-house legal teams within corporate, public and not for profit organisations, with over 50,000 legal services staff using our products daily.
The Pre Sales Consultant plays a key role in the successful transition of customers to MLC, our go forward chambers management software product. The primary responsibility is to provide support to the Advanced Legal Sales Teams throughout the sales process and to ensure that we deliver the best possible solutions and meet targets for sales growth. The PSC will engage with potential customers from the start of the sales process and ensure that we fully understand their requirements. The PSC will then work alongside the sales team to present a solution that meets the customer’s requirements. Fundamental to the role will be an ability to articulate the solution back to the customer by means of proposals, presentations and value driven solution demonstrations that differentiate Advanced Legal.
Learning and Development:
As part of our commitment the successful applicants will undergo an extensive and comprehensive training schedule to train in all aspects of Pre-Sales development and product knowledge. Specifically we will provide a suite of on-going learning, based on key areas:
- Product knowledge – learning the detailed workings of our key solutions and how to present these to clients
- Market Knowledge – understanding the drivers in Legal and learning the detailed specifics of the market and how Advanced addresses business pains in that area
- Situation Knowledge – you will go through a specific programme of training on Demonstration and Pre-Sales skills, developing your own ability to meet the demanding challenges of the role.
- Business Knowledge – You will learn more about the business, the people and key stakeholders and gain development in key areas that will benefit you in the role now and in future roles.
Contribute at all stages of the Pre-Sales process including:
- Assisting with the qualification of business opportunities through discovery
- Leading and coordinating system demonstrations initially for MLC.
- Configuring demonstration environments to meet the requirements of client, but also entering data to support demonstrations.
- If required, working with the bid team to support tenders, completing bid responses/answering technical questions for customers and prospects
- Training internal members of staff in the use of the solution when required
- Supporting work on internal promotion of solution set, to ensure consistent messaging across teams i.e. Sales, Services, Support etc
- Be responsible for the maintenance of demonstration environments and keep them up to date
- Work with key staff on product launches and GTM initiatives
- Support the Marketing and Sales Enablement functions in preparing a library of Sales Collateral and materials for use by field based Pre-Sales and Sales teams. Specifically creating a library of short focused video demonstrations
Skills and experience required:
Specific Pre-Sales experience is not necessary as we will provide training. However, the successful candidates will demonstrate a number of key skills and attributes
- Knowledge of Legal Software and Services
- Knowledge of Barristers market
- Knowledge of chambers management software
- Understanding of sales process, solution and consultative selling.
- High level technical knowledge; software, environments, database technologies.
- Commercial awareness; ability to understand and develop return on investment, cost and margin analysis.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Office proficiency with ability to create custom presentations.
- Good basic presentation and communication skills to small audiences
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritise under pressure
- Self-motivated to deliver a quality service both internally and externally
- Adaptable to work independently or part of a team
- Demonstrable ability to build relationships with customers, prospects and colleagues
- Ability to develop business analysis skills in understanding customers’ requirements and key drivers
Accountabilities and performance:
Complete required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Following each area of the training programme the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate their knowledge and learning.
Additional as part of the day to day activity the successful candidate will be measured by:
- Supporting the delivery of sales targets alongside personal targets
- Be adaptable to business requirements/needs
You will report to the Pre-Sales Manager for Vertical Market Solutions.