Software Engineering Manager
EagleView | Engineering & IT
We are looking for a talented Software Engineering Manager to join our engineering team. As a manager, you will lead a team participating in all aspects of the software development life cycle: scoping, design, coding, testing, implementation and support. You will help hire, train, mentor and lead a team of highly capable engineers. You will also help in the development of Eagleview’s scalable microservices platform and geospatially-aware applications across multiple industries and form-factors.In this role, you must be able to multitask, quickly adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scaleable solutions to difficult and complex problems. You take pride and ownership in your work as well as the overall contributions of your team. You must also have the ability to take a system-wide understanding, recognize use of system components and disparate technologies and be able to diagnose and debug components across an entire system. Your ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and verbal) is key, as is being a self-starter.
- Build, train, mentor and lead a cross-functional agile team
- Help design, architect and develop advanced software solutions supporting multiple projects and initiatives
- Collaborate with product owners and/or the business on requirements definition, development of functional specifications, and design
- Collaborate on or lead development of technical design and specifications as required
- Establish and lead best practices in software engineering
- Mentor and grow new employees on your team
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years as an engineering lead or manager
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS) and containerization
- Experience with a micro-services architecture
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other Relational Databases
- Test-driven development mindset and a focus on quality, scalability and performance
- Strong programming fundamentals and ability to produce high quality code
- Solid understanding of Agile (SCRUM) Development Process required
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.