Technical Support Engineer
Granicus | IT and Internal Support
The Support Engineer is a detective whose knowledge of software implementations, online payment system integrations, relational databases, scripting, web applications, networks and general knowledge of internet communication protocols provides a valuable insight for solving problems. They are responsible for providing high-quality technical support for the Granicus software services we provide to the government and public.
This person will also work on other programming and documentation projects as required. The Technical Support team partners with the Customer Support team in maintaining a “Customer Focused” environment, partnering with our stakeholders to achieve the highest customer lifetime value and satisfaction.
What You’ll Do:
· Ticket escalation from Customer Support and professional services teams.
· On-call rotation for Production Application Support.
· Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
· Taking ownership of technical issues and working with other Engineering groups to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
· Resolving escalated customer complaints without the need for team lead intervention.
· Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps.
· Updating the ticket tracking system to provide an accurate, and current, status of support issues.
· Creating Knowledge Base articles to expand the knowledge for handling support issues.
Who You Are:
· You have a technical degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience (2+ yrs.).
· You have enterprise SaaS or web-hosted software knowledge.
· You have experience using AWS services.
· You have experience with implementing and deploying new customer software systems.
· You have experience supporting and implementing online payment systems.
· You have experience supporting or administering Unix environments.
· You have experience with scripting languages.
· You have relational database experience (Oracle/MySQL/PostgreSQL/etc.).
· You have experience with monitoring tools like NewRelic, Pingdom, and LogicMonitor.
· You’ve used ticketing systems such as JIRA or a bug tracking system.
· You have a technical understanding of agile SDLC.
· You have an enthusiastic approach to problem-solving.
- Company-paid bus pass or parking downtown St. Paul
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, and treats
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, and 401K matching
- Tuition reimbursement
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.