MINDBODY | Product Development
Software Architects transform business objectives into technical strategies and work in the MINDBODY software development lifecycle providing technical designs, strategies and mentorship to software development teams. Software Architects support software development teams by ensuring they have the infrastructure, platform and documentation required to do their job effectively.
The Application Architect is responsible for actively engaging in and leading the architecture in their assigned domain(s) by collaborating with solution architects, product managers and software engineers. This position will be actively involved with implementing software solutions that meet project needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the application architecture of all components within your assigned domain(s).
- Guide multiple development teams and work streams at once to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Evaluate and implement solutions and technologies for team adoption.
- Assess and communicate status, issues, risks and deliverables to stakeholders.
- Be the “go-to” team member in your domain(s) for application design and patterns.
- Assist teams by hands-on coding including but not limited to: proof-of-concepts, code samples and application infrastructure/frameworks.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Are detailed oriented, professional and self-directed.
- Use humor to carry yourself through challenges.
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Can balance confidence with humility.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Scope of Subversion/Authority:
Duties are performed under limited supervision. Will receive training and guidance when working on new processes and procedures. Most decisions will be routine and do not require supervisor assistance. No direct management responsibility.
The incumbent or successful candidate must meet the job requirements above in order to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve the outcomes/results indicated in this job description. The Company will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- 8+ years of software development experience with emphasis on web technologies, cloud computing and SaaS.
- Structured thinker and effective communicator with excellent programming and analytic skills.
- Strategic mind with strong operational, project management and technical architecture skills.
- A track record of highly influential technical and leadership achievements.
- Demonstrated skill in aligning application decisions to an overarching solution and systems architecture.
- Substantial experience leading application design efforts as a senior or lead software engineer.
- Expertise in RESTful API, SOA, Microservice and integration architecture and design.
- An expert in application development in one or more modern programming languages.