Senior Technical Support Engineer
Ping Identity | Tier II Support (3102)
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however, they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The Global Support Organization is the foremost interface between Ping and our highly valued customers and partners. We operate a follow-the-sun, multi-site, model. We work with our partners and customers twenty-four hours a day on mission critical services that affect both their workforce and customers. We enable our customers to be successful in the application, administration, maintenance and tuning of their Ping solutions.
We strive to create an open and transparent workplace where teamwork is key and self-service learning is expected. Our focus is on customer service where we go the extra mile, we challenge ourselves to do better in an inclusive and cooperative environment which has continuous feedback and development opportunities.
The successful individual will be responsible for the second level of support for Ping Identity’s global customers using any of our products including PingFederate, PingAccess, PingDirectory, PingOne, PingID, and any supported integration kits. The environment is fast paced which requires mental dexterity. Our Tier 2 team consists of highly skilled engineers whom thrive off of the technical and customer service challenges afforded to them. Day-to-day a Tier 2 engineer receives pre-qualified work from Tier 1 the expectation is that you will bring to bear your additional industry experience and troubleshooting abilities. You will have opportunities to create individual contributions for Ping whilst at the same time helping the team to achieving its MBO’s. There is an element of paid on-call in this role, on rotation across the global team, weekends only, outages and critical care only.
The successful candidate will join a team of like-minded individuals who have a defined career path and access to learning opportunities in all the technologies involved. We offer all new employees a ramp up period to get to know the company and its products and work with each team member to coach the best working practices in the industry. The office, in London, operates from 7am to 6pm with each engineer performing their role over an 8hr shift within the office hours.
- Management of own work queue
- Accepting and managing escalated cases
- Performing in-depth analysis of customer issues
- Communicating effectively with customers, peers and other business units
- Producing new knowledge articles which are both internal and customer facing
- Coaching junior team members
- Raising of engineering tickets
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree, or,
- A minimum of 5 years related experience providing technical support at an Enterprise level
- Passion for customer service
- Ability and motivation to be innovative when finding solutions
- Desire to learn new and exciting technologies
- Excellent interpersonal verbal & written communication skills
- Logical troubleshooting ability and analytical skill
- Well organised with effective workload management
Required Technology Exposure / Knowledge areas
- Familiar with SaaS applications (Salesforce, Google, etc) and supporting SaaS solutions
- Advanced troubleshooting of web-based applications (through HTTP Tracing tools and log analysis) in browsers and applications servers
- Single Sign On protocols (SAML, OAuth, OpenID & WS-FED)
- Multi Factor Authentication (PingID, SecurID, DUO etc)
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol and Directory Services
- Containerised Infrastructure – Docker / Kubernetes
- API Management inc. Postman / cURL
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), X.509 certificates & Kerberos
- Internet Protocols (HTTPS/SSL/TLS etc)
- Linux-based and/or Windows server OS management
- Active Directory, LDAP-based directories
- Relational Database systems such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, and MySQL J2EE
- Web-application servers (i.e. Apache, IIS, NGINX, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic
- Identity & Access Management and/or Federation experience with CA SiteMinder/IdentityMinder, IBM Identity and Access Manager, Oracle Access Manager
- User Provisioning (SCIM)
- Cloud Services such as Azure, O365, AWS
- Networking inc Load Balancers, Firewalls, IP, DNS