Senior Software Engineer (UX Developer)
PowerSchool | Product Management
PowerSchool, a rapidly growing, award winning K-12 software company, is searching for a Mid-Senior level UI Engineer to accelerate the UX Design process. We are looking for a ‘self-starter’ with a startup mentality. The ideal candidate will be comfortable using the latest web technologies to create innovative solutions together with the design team that will be used for research/testing and eventually being added to the PowerSchool Design System.
You could be the right candidate if you:
- Love innovative projects.
- Aren’t in love with every line of code you produce.
- Balance many projects simultaneously.
- Have a sense of humor.
- Collaborate well with others.
- Develop web front-end, fully functional prototypes for UX research.
- Build pages utilizing pre-built components from the PowerSchool Design System
- Create new features and tools from scratch.
- Work with the UX Team to refine designs for Usability and Accessibility
- 5-7 years professional software development experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment with Sprints
- Experience with Git/NPM
- Responsive web design
- Experience working with UX designers
- Must have strong communications skills to interface with various departments including Design, Product, and Engineering departments
Other desired skills (nice-to-haves):
- Experience with Polymer
- Knowledge of CSS/JS Animations
- Experience with basic Accessibility principles.
- Experience with databases, distributed systems/CDNs, and REST APIs