Associate Corporate Trainer
PowerSchool | G&A | Austin, TX
The Associate Corporate Trainer is an integral part of the Talent Development Team and should be an ambassador for our company’s culture and dedicated to developing our employees. This individual facilitates the monthly New Employee Welcome (NEW) program, completing the award-winning onboarding process. They are the first interaction on an employee’s first day and keeps the training department organized and efficient on all levels. Additionally, this role will maintain training schedules, coordinate with other PowerSchool departments regularly, administer the company Learning Management System (LMS), and will have ample opportunity to lead training programs and develop content.
Duties and responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage New Employee Onboarding – Once a new hire has accepted their offer, the Training Coordinator is responsible for ensuring each new employee has a successful onboarding and Day 1 experience.
- Ensure new employee is setup in all required PowerSchool systems
- Partner with Talent Acquisition on off-cycle or RUSH hires ensuring other internal departments are prepared and able to support the hire
- Maintain communication with IT teams to ensure compliance of internal SLA
- New employee welcome coordination, facilitation/presentation and set-up including:
- Schedule monthly facilitators, ensuring their presentations are up to date
- Reservation of conference rooms based on size of cohort hiring group for training purposes
- Verify all necessary materials are prepared for new hire (New Hire Binder)
- Keep new hire paperwork/training materials up-to-date
- Coordination with IT on technical needs of employee
- Greet new hires and be a general resource for them throughout the on-boarding process
- Leading/Co-facilitating various L&D programs which may include creating training materials, employee communications or supporting Trainers in administrative functions.Possible programs would be Employee Engagement programs, Team Building opportunities, Leadership Development or any Talent Development special projects.
- Maintain Corporate LMS system:
- Update existing curriculum/learning paths
- Maintain training schedules
- Track attendee participation
- Maintain Corporate Library
- Run reports from LMS system to provide monthly dashboard reports
- Track and maintain Corporate Training Ticket System
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Learning & Development or 2+ years related experience required.
- PHR or CPLP preferred.
- Specialized knowledge
- Knowledge of LMS systems a plus.
- Understanding of employee on-boarding practices.
- General understanding of basic HR practices.
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to maintain focus in fast passed setting.
- Ability to work well with a team.
5. Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Motivated – prepared to take initiative in establishing processes to meet team requirements
- Extraversion – comfortable speaking to small & large groups
- Stability – able to maintain a steady workflow and meet required turn-around time
- Openness – accepts feedback and direction openly
- Professionalism – you represent the Talent team, this is a must!