UI/UX Designer (Higher Ed)
PowerSchool | Higher Education | Austin, TX
UI/UX Designers work with partners in design, product management, and development to create amazing user experiences. UI/UX Designers should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess strong UI/UX skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. This position is with PeopleAdmin, a PowerSchool Company.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborates with Product Managers to develop product strategy and plans for design execution.
- Provides UX direction and guidance to project teams across the project cycle, from research and ideation, through detailed design and production.
- Work with senior UI/UX designers to define goals and requirements
- Ensures the development of a cohesive product experience for users across features and channels (devices).
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of experience in UI/UX Design (mobile experience is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent experience
- Some experience designing in Agile design & development environments
- Experience facilitating the sharing of standard methodologies, standards, and processes across UX teams
- Coherently present design methods, explorations, and tradeoff rationale to peers and executive partners
- Ability to use data to make sound recommendations in a team environment
- Knowledge of browser/device capabilities, web standards, forward-thinking enhancement, dynamic content retrieval, and responsive/adaptive design techniques
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, or other industry tools
- Basic understanding of technical platforms and terms (i.e. HTML, CSS, XML, etc.)