Software Engineer III
MINDBODY | Product Development
The Software Engineer III works in the MINDBODY software development life cycle, including specification, design, implementation and testing of new features and bug fixing. The Software Engineer III is responsible for their own code and bugs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a self-directed, key contributor to code development on features and bugs to produce successful team sprints.
- Makes implementation design decisions around new feature components.
- Produces contingency plans for critical projects.
- Analyzes technical requirements with the team to gauge the level of effort.
- Breaks down complex projects and delegates work to junior engineers.
- Carefully analyzes design specifications before coding to understand effort levels required.
- Creates technical documentation for new features that can be easily understood by peers.
- Writes and executes tests, including creating comprehensive unit tests.
- Performs peer code reviews to ensure the quality of the codebase.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies.
- Ensures designs and projects created to comply with design library guidelines, internal best practices, and coding conventions when applicable.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of industry experience in programming web applications and APIs.
- Experience with C#/.NET.
- Proficient in Git or other distributed source control tools.
- Hands-on experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Skillful at reviewing new feature impact on an application and recognizing potential risks.
- Detailed oriented, professional and possesses a positive work attitude.
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Effective time management skills.