Technical Support Engineer I
PowerSchool | Support
This position, under the general direction of both the supervisor and manager, provides technical support for our
award-winning K-12 software systems. This position provides world class solutions-oriented technical support with
a strong focus on customer service that is designed to maximum customer satisfaction. This position requires the
employee to become proficient with all aspects of the application software functionality in order to accurately
analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software or system related issues. This position will interact with
customers via telephone and written internet based communication.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provides application support relating to software functionality, incident resolution and systems
configuration, through various mediums, including case escalations, phone, email and chat.
• Recognizes both basic and advanced problems, conducts research, provides resolutions and follows up with
customers as needed, escalating more complex cases to the appropriate team
• Logs and tracks calls using problem management database and maintains history records and related
• Meet and exceed established benchmarks and expectations
• Prepares standard statistical reports, such as help desk incident reports
• Consults with programmers to explain software errors or to recommend changes to
• Stay current on all key support topics, including product knowledge and required technical
and soft skills
• May test software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing
• Provide expert, top quality customer support, including professional, courteous and timely communication
during all levels of interaction.
• All other duties as assigned
• 3-5 years’ prior experience in a technical support role
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Salesforce experience required (and Bomgar preferred)
• Prior CRM Experience Required
• Strong attention to detail and time management
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong customer service and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to handle a heavy workload and multiple projects with frequent interruptions and schedule changes
• Maintaining a positive attitude and fostering a collaborative and unified work environment.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred