Account Manager, Event Solutions
Cvent | Sales
We have multiple openings for Account Managers in our Event Cloud division for our Portland office whose main responsibility will be managing existing client accounts. If you applied or are interested for another division, please note that those positions have been filled for the time being.
In this role, you will be charged with identifying and closing sales opportunities with the clients you manage, such as contract renewals, up-sells, cross-sells, etc. Additionally, you will provide a high level of quality of service to our customers. You will be required to demonstrate solution-selling skills and effectively manage internal relationships with the Sales and Client Services departments to ensure complete customer satisfaction and meet sales objectives.
What You Will Be Doing
- Identify and close sales opportunities with our clients, such as contract renewals, cross-sells, and up-sells (such as adding additional apps to clients’ packages), etc.
- Present products and services information to corporate accounts
- Ensure relationships with key decision-makers for accounts that will provide business are continuously developed and relationships are strengthened and grown
- Work with Sales and Client Services teams to ensure complete customer satisfaction with the Cvent product and organization
- Ensure customer issues are acknowledged and resolved within 24 hours
- Call on existing clients in an effort to meet and exceed individual and department revenue expectations
- Develop and actively pursue list of targeted Key Accounts within North America and create individual plans of action to penetrate these accounts
- Set aggressive goals for annual revenue achievement against each account
- Accurately forecast sales opportunities via pipeline report
- Effectively and accurately manage personal revenue pipeline to maximize all business opportunities
- Monitor and report sales activity within the system
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor’s degree is required (strong academic performance is desired)
- At least 3 years of experience in customer-facing, revenue-generating role (more is welcomed)
- Ability to multi-task and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-changing entrepreneurial environment
- Must be able to integrate knowledge across disciplines to include relationship management, consultative selling, product demonstrations, closing contracts, operation/process flow, and product function
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of computer literacy is a must
- This is not a technical position. Relevant experience might include selling CRM or CMS systems, ASP based data systems, Travel or Meeting Planning Services
- Ability to work with MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Salesforce.com or similar contact management software
- Experience selling or managing accounts in SaaS/technology/hospitality space a plus
- Experience working in the Event Management industry a plus
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace