JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Senior Software Engineer
Cvent | Technology | Portland, OR
What We Do:
Cvent is a leading cloud-based enterprise event management platform that offers software solutions to event planners for online event registration, venue selection, event management, mobile apps for events, e-mail marketing and web surveys. Our solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.
Our Portland office is focused on building out the Cvent's CrowdCompass mobile app platfrom. We have a diverse, collaborative and open environment where our teams are focused on building features that delight our customers. We create thousands of customer apps a year and have millions of downloads in both the Apple and Google app stores. Needless to say, It’s an exciting time to be a part of the world’s largest software solutions provider of mobile event apps for conferences, meetings, conventions and trade shows.
The prerequisites for joining our development team are simple. We care more about your attitude and aptitude than the specific tools and technologies you have used in the past. You need to have a strong passion for software development and must take pride in your coding. You should also have great analytical skills and ability to handle complex, modular software development in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Work closely on new features with other developers, UX, product and QA in an Agile environment.
- Take ownership of components – from architecture to development, deployment and maintenance.
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and solve hard technical issues while shipping code regularly.
- Mentor your fellow CrowdCompass team members, participating in code reviews and working hand-in-hand with other developers.
- 5-7+ years of overall development experience which ideally includes working with Java or Ruby.
- Experience contributing at a high level to a high-performing sprint team using Agile, mentoring other engineers and helping the team succeed.
- Experience with designing, implementing and using RESTful APIs.
- Experience building with the full web development stack including client-side web applications, resource based APIs, relational databases, messaging queues and IAAS offerings. Specific experience with Ember, React, Rails, Postgres, RabbitMQ and AWS services appreciated.
- Bachelors in Computer Science OR related technical discipline. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
What We Offer:
We provide top-notch benefits, including 100%-paid health and dental, ample PTO, 401(k), a flexible schedule, parking, paid holidays, tons of growth opportunities, regular fun events and, last but certainly not least, a dog-friendly office environment!
We are 100% committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and fostering a diverse, inclusive, and nurturing work environment. And we wouldn’t have it any other way.
Cvent maintain a drug-free workplace