JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Staff Network Engineer
Marketo | Products & Engineering | San Mateo, CA
Staff Network Engineer
The Cloud Platform Technologies team is looking for a Staff Network Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining enterprise production networks that support delivery of Marketo’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications. You will leverage your rich experience, your deep technical knowledge of network standards, industry best practices, current and future technologies, and your proven track record of operational excellence to help ensure that Marketo’s network infrastructure and systems scale as the business grows.
- Perform activities required for deploying and supporting mission-critical IP networks with at least 99.999% availability
- Logical and physical network design
- Configuration and maintenance of network hardware/software on routers, switches, firewalls, and load balancers
- Configuration and management of network management systems/tools
- Identification, diagnosis, and resolution of network problems
- Maintenance of network circuits and coordination with service providers
- Performance analysis and capacity planning of network devices/circuits
- Periodical testing of HA and DR features
- Evaluation of new technologies and recommend adoption as appropriate
- Identify areas for configuration automation and process improvements
- 10+ years of experience in production network environment such as SaaS, ISP, or managed services
- Proven experience with designing and maintaining enterprise-class, highly-available LANs and WANs
- Extensive experience with Cisco’s enterprise product lines (switches, routers, security products, etc.)
- Experience with F5 BigIP Local Traffic Manager appliances
- Extensive hands-on experience with OSPF, BGP, HSRP/VRRP
- Experience with Cloud operations, load balancing and design in one or more of: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Deep knowledge of STP, 802.1q, LACP, vPC
- Working experience with Firewalls, IPSec/GRE VPN, Load Balancers
- Good knowledge of CDN and troubleshooting in these. Preferably one of Akamai and/or Cloudflare
- Thorough understanding of MPLS, MP-BGP, L3/L2 VPN, DiffServ/QOS, 802.1P
- Hands-on experience with network management systems/tools such as Cacti, Nagios, Cisco Works, SNMP, Ethereal, tcpdump
- Self-starter with the ability to gather requirements and produce results with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS in a technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- CCIE will cut to the front.
Nice to have:
- Experience operating or administering Linux systems
- Good knowledge of Network Virtualization with VRF, VDC
- Past experience with DDOS protection techniques and tools
- Some scripting chops
Marketo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.