JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Software Engineer - IT (Education Systems)
PowerSchool | Services | Bethlehem, PA
Software Engineers, how would you like a new challenge that allows you to have a positive effect on students across the nation? Join our team at PowerSchool! As one of the world’s leading software and technology services companies, we provide innovative technology solutions designed to make a difference in the lives of K-12 students every single day.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our software customization team. The Product Tailoring team provides specialized software specific to an individual school district’s needs and services our BusinessPLUS, eFinancePLUS, and eSchoolPLUS product lines. If you are passionate about software and education, we want to talk with you!
Specific duties of this position will include:
- Participating in all phases of the custom project life cycle, including requirements, design, coding, testing, documentation, and installation
- Providing technical support and direct communication with customers
- Following up with customers to ensure the customization you provided conforms to their request and meets their needs
As a Software Engineer, you must demonstrate a commitment to high-quality software and customer satisfaction and have a strong desire to learn and implement new technologies to reflect the changing needs of our clients. You must also be able to function effectively both independently and as part of a small team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Working knowledge of at least C++ or C#
- Working knowledge of IIS web services.
- Working knowledge of ASP.NET environment
- Any experience or knowledge with COBOL
- Any experience or knowledge with designing webforms
- Working knowledge of using SQL and SQL Server Management Studio
- Angular JS or other technologies
- Working knowledge of a relational database
- Any experience or knowledge with Agile methodology
- Any experience or knowledge with the BusinessPLUS software is a plus
- At least 4 year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or programming related field