DevOps Engineer / Hosting Operations Analyst
PowerSchool | R&D | Bengaluru, Karnataka
Position : Hosting Operation Analyst
This is a great opportunity to become part of PowerSchool’s Hosting Operations team. The Hosting Operations team works in a growing and fast-paced environment managing the hosting infrastructure for the nation's leading education technology platform for K-12. The Hosting Operations team manages and administers all facets of Hosting from hardware to software, operating systems to PowerSchool’s related applications. Hosting Operations manages the applications for over 10 million students in a 24/7/365 environment. The Hosting atmosphere is collaborative, adaptable and team based to meet the needs of an evolving technology and business model. Some travel is required.
- Ability to work a late or early shift aligned with West Coast and International school operations hours and on occasion provides on-call support during off business hours and weekends
- Must have strong verbal and written skills to interact with customers via phone and email.
- Ultra-reliable, highly motivated, self-starter, who is able to collaborate within Hosting Operations and across other functional groups.
- Knowledge of PowerSchool is a plus.
- 6-10 years experience as a System Administrator
- 6-10years experience providing customer technology support
- Strong working knowledge of Unix, Windows, Tomcat, and Linux
- Strong working knowledge of Shell Scripting, Batch Scripting, and Perl Scripting
- Experience with remote management and IT automation tools Remote Desktop, Chef, Salt, Ansible,
Kubernetes, Docker, and the CLI
- Experience with web analytic technologies.
- Experience with database technologies (MYSQL, MS SQL, and Oracle) is a required
- Familiarity with the functionality of Disaster Recovery, Virtualization, and CRM products
- Knowledge of private and public Cloud providers.