Front End Developer
Cvent | Technology | Portland, OR
Cvent is a leading cloud-based enterprise event management platform that offers software solutions to event planners for online event registration, venue selection, event management, mobile apps for events, e-mail marketing and web surveys. Our solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.
Our Portland office is focused on building out the Cvent's CrowdCompass mobile app platform. We have a diverse, collaborative and open environment where our teams are focused on building features that delight our customers. We create thousands of customer apps a year and have millions of downloads in both the Apple and Google app stores. Needless to say, It’s an exciting time to be a part of the world’s largest software solutions provider of mobile event apps for conferences, meetings, conventions and trade shows.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work closely on new features with other developers, UX, product and QA in an Agile environment.
- Take ownership of components – from architecture to development, deployment and maintenance.
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and solve hard technical issues while shipping code regularly.
- Mentor your fellow CrowdCompass team members, participating in code reviews and working hand-in-hand with other developers.
What You Need For This Position
The prerequisites for joining our development team are simple. We care more about your attitude and aptitude than the specific tools and technologies you have used in the past. You need to have a strong passion for software development and must take pride in your coding. You should also have great analytical skills and ability to handle complex, modular software development in a collaborative team-based environment.
- 3-5+ years developing user interfaces for large scale applications.
- Experience developing user interfaces using a client side technology such as Ember or React / Redux, including progressive web app experience.
- Proficiency and ability to mentor others in web technologies.
- Experience in authoring UI for single page applications that meet WCAG 2.0 AA web accessibility standards to support customers who use assistive technologies.
- Expertise in design patterns, unit tests and version control systems, especially git.
- Solid experience implementing features from style guides and user stories.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelors in Computer Science OR related technical discipline. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace