Advanced | Development | Leeds, England
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest and fastest-growing enterprise software companies. Our products sit at the heart of some of the country's best-known businesses, charities and public sector organisations, powering their key services and functions. Driven by the millions of people who interact with our products every day in hospitals, schools & Universities, transport providers, sports clubs and a wide range of instantly recognisable brands, in our 8-year history we’ve already grown phenomenally quickly to more than 2,000 staff serving 20,000 customers across the UK.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join or new team based in our Grade II listed HQ in central Leeds. Here, you’ll find a great place to work and lots of like-minded people who are enthusiastic and passionate about the software we produce, which sits at the heart of the operations of key education institutions across the UK.
The Team & Role
Suitable candidates will have:
- Have extensive Java development experience from working with both legacy and cutting edge applications
- Have knowledge of key AWS services • Have good knowledge of database technologies, preferably Oracle and MongoDB
- Experience of CSS, HTML, Spring, REST, NodeJS or Cucumber are also a distinct advantage.
- Be able to demonstrate great design choices both for green field and legacy code
- Be experienced in mentoring junior team members
- Understand and promote the importance of testing using the likes of JUnit and be able to support the QA team in their creation of automated tests
- Have experience of continuous integration using Jenkins (or similar) and collection of metrics using Sonar (or similar)
- See the value in keeping everyone on the same page using something like Confluence
- Be technically curious and get a buzz out of solving complex and challenging problems
- Have awareness of emerging trends and best practices from the industry and have an ability to apply those in your day-to-day role
If you are keen to join an organisation that is going through an exciting growth period at the moment then please apply or get in touch for more information.
Some of our Key Benefits are:
- Excellent benefits from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- 25 days holidays
- Special focus on training and development with the opportunity to excel your career from our internal Talent Development Team
- Be part of an organisation that has recently been ranked by Deloitte in the Top 50 fastest growing tech Companies