PowerSchool | PMO | Roanoke, VA
The UX Researcher will perform descriptive, generative, and evaluative research as business and design needs dictate according to the phases of product development.
Duties and Responsibilities Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create estimates and project plans related to UX research efforts for moderately complex projects.
- Independently perform research to gather end-user requirements.
- Create journey maps, personas, user scenarios and research objectives, that align with project and business goals.
- Identify and improve upon process inefficiencies through applied measurement.
- Independently plan, conduct and facilitate iterative evaluations of user-interface designs (usability testing, mockup interviews, heuristic reviews, qualitative and quantitative measures).
- Assist in defining and refining UX research processes and promote the importance of such activities to ensure execution.
- Partner with other research teams, such as analytics and market research to create and execute an overall strategy.
- Create designs and materials to be used during analysis to meet user needs and satisfaction levels.
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree • 1-3 years of professional UX research and design experience.
- Experience in user centered research methods including interviews, observations, surveys, design workshops, and contextual inquiries.
- Expertise in using design research to create Personas, Process Flows and User Journey Maps.
- Strong understanding of full Adobe Creative Suite and experience with design tools, i.e. Axure, Balsamiq, Invision, Sketch, Proto.io or other similar tools for rapid prototyping.
- Ability to identify and evaluate key UX metrics into findings and write recommendation reports.
- Understanding of dynamic design principles (fluid content, restricted layout sizes, portable usability standards).
- Desire to work hands-on for an innovative project from start to finish, and possess the ability to think creatively and contribute fresh ideas and progressive insights.
- Should be able to showcase their work via a digital or printed portfolio that demonstrates creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with HTML5/CSS3 is a plus.
- Experience in Qualtrics or other survey tools is a plus.
- Experience with Usertesting.com preferred