Product Owner - Machine Learning
EagleView Technologies | Development | Bellevue, WA
As a Product Owner (Machine Learning) on the Product Engineering team at EagleView Technologies, you will be responsible for driving and defining the long-term vision, development priorities and technical requirements in a key, deeply vertical functional area of our platform. You will help leverage our imagery, property data, tools and advanced machine learning networks to deliver awesome products to our customers.
- Leads requirements gathering effort — partnering with customer-facing product owners, operations team, vendor management and other stakeholders.
- Defines clear requirements for cutting edge machine learning systems, including training, productization and auditing.
- Ensures prioritization and scope maximize our software development investment, with an eye to customer-facing product priorities as well as future platform investment.
- Understands building for scale, and the vision that re-usable services in our platform architecture will enable us to derive new products with a much shorter time to market.
- Leads backlog grooming to decompose stories and enable estimation.
- Translates product roadmap into detailed requirements.
- Conveys the Vision and Goals at the beginning of every Release and Sprint.
- Authors user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint.
- Clearly defines acceptance criteria.
- Answers questions from software engineering team, data scientists and clarifies requirements.
- Inspects the product progress at the end of every Sprint and has complete authority to accept or reject work done.
- Partners with our Agile Project Managers on trade-offs between schedule and requirements.
- Works closely with engineering, QA and operations teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources, with a bias towards touchless solutions.
- Aligns with key initiatives and cross-functional goals.
- Ensures requirements include performance, scalability and automation targets.
- Communicates with confidence and demonstrate strategic and technical mastery of their platform area when interacting with executives, peers, customers, and partners.
- Takes action to drive issues to resolution.
- Inspires teams to over-achieve in a fast-paced, distributed environment.
- Collaborates across the company to ensure alignment of priorities.
- Actively engages key stakeholders to drive business requirements.
- Completes projects and tasks on time, on target, and on budget.
- Reports regularly on performance against business metrics and objectives.
- Curious – desires to learn every day.
- Critical Thinker – looks beyond the obvious.
- Communicator – shares thoughts, candidly and respectfully.
- Entrepreneurial, can-do approach coupled with a strong desire to make a difference.
- Ready to challenge the status-quo, and drive innovative ideas.
- Quantitative and analytical skills with a keen understanding of how numbers will affect outcomes over both the short and long term.
- Honest, candid and trustworthy. A team player.
- Executes fast and gets things done on time.
- Agile and adaptable. Thrives on change.
- Quick study, self-learner. Gains proficiency in new industries, markets and technologies quickly.
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) or Masters in business, computer science, GIS or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Ten years’ previous experience as a product manager, program manager, business analyst, or in a related field.
- Two years’ experience as a product manager or product owner working with machine learning systems and requirements, and productizing machine learning solutions.
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, product life-cycle, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and standard product requirement planning tools (JIRA, Aha!, Confluence or similar);
- Working knowledge of software development, software as a service.
- Familiarity with REST/Json/XML interfaces, methods and schemas.
- Comfortable working with multiple, cross functional teams, in-house and remote, domestically and international.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with engineering team, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.