Sr. Professional Services Consultant
Aptean | Business Operations | Alpharetta, GA
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today’s fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don’t have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds – with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That is why over 7,000 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 74 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
Provide application consulting and support to Aptean customers. Participate as a member of the implementation team to deploy new projects, and/or provide on-going support to their existing installation. Consult with customers in the configuration and usage of application modules; research and resolves problems and issues. Manage customer expectations and foster positive business relationships with all customers.
Requires interface with customers and other team members. Involves travel to customer sites.
****THIS POSITION IS REMOTE*****
Knowledge: Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
Complexity: Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Supervision: Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consulting Services
- Provide consulting services to customers based on Aptean’s service delivery methodology and procedures; services engagements may include implementation consulting, upgrade consulting, training, testing, and/or process improvement consulting.
- Effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work collaboratively with project manager and project team to deliver projects on time, on budget, on schedule.
- Provides required documentation in advance of and in follow up to a customer engagement (i.e. agendas, status reports, etc.)
- Submit time and expenses punctually each week.
- Maintain a professional appearance when onsite with customers.
- May be required to design solutions and prepare design specifications. May participate in testing and deployment when customization is required.
- Proactively works with customers and Account Management team to uncover additional consulting opportunities.
- Attains billable utilization targets without sacrificing quality.
- Knowledge Management
- Expand expertise within the product.
- Attend training sessions offered and use self-study tools; assist with peer training as needed.
- Contribute to a customer-focused environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross training and an absolute focus on resolving customer incidents as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Issue Resolution
- Provide expert solutions to complex customer problems in a timely manner by receiving, clarifying and investigating issues.
- Take ownership of and follow-through with all priority customer issues.
- Offer complete and timely explanations to customers and ensure that customers fully understand issue, its resolutions and means for prevention.
- Observe trends, recommend improvements to product design, documentation or implementation, and create necessary enhancement requests.
- Determine when issues need to be escalated.
- Act as application expert for escalations.
- Recommend escalations for approval by Team Lead or Management.
- Ensure that all internal and external customer interactions are handled professionally and with the highest level of service, follow-through and consistently keep commitments.
- Ensure a professional communication manner when in-person or on the phone at all times.
- Additional Duties
- Participates in system and release testing as needed.
- Recommend improvements in Aptean policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor’s degree required
Work Experience (Indicate the approximate years of relevant work experience necessary for this position)
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 4 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 2 years' experience; or equivalent experience. Typical range is 4-7 years.
Depending on position, experience can range from 3-6 years. Experience working with multiple stakeholders in problem-solving environment is preferred.
- ERP implementation experience required
- Experience in the consumer goods distribution industry desired
Skills and Abilities
- Possesses working knowledge of the Aptean application and demonstrates proficiency in key areas of the application.
- Understands the industry and business environment served by the application.
- Basic understanding of relational database concepts and architecture.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Record of accomplishment in providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to travel to customer sites as required.
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other group status protected by applicable law.