Aptean | Business Operations | Northampton, England
Would you like to be a part of the organisation where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean is a leading global provider of industry-focused mission critical enterprise software solutions. Our solutions help nearly 6,500 organizations stay at the forefront of their industries by satisfying their customers and continuing to operate more efficiently. Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Aptean has offices in North America, Europe, and India, as well as an extensive Partner Channel. Our customers are located in 74 countries across Europe, Latin America, and North America.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
General Job Summary
Legal Counsel/Legal Advisor drafts and negotiates customer and vendor commercial contracts and provides research, advice and other legal assistance to the Assistant GC and other senior-level lawyers.
Knowledge: A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
Complexity: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Supervision: Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Developing the organization's policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance or regulatory affairs
- Analyzing and summarizing complicated legal documents, including contracts, and making suggestions for alterations of those documents
- Negotiating with outside parties on contractual issues and legal disputes
- Negotiating and drafting commercial contracts (eg software license agreements, SaaS agreements, services agreements and NDAs) using Aptean templates in English and Spanish language
- Anticipating and mitigating potential legal problems within the organization and developing strategies to avoid costly litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
- Consulting with management, commercial advisors, tax experts, accountants and marketing staff
- Perform company secretarial work
Work Experience And Education
Typically requires a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working for a law firm or corporate in house legal department. Degree in Law is essential.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical, communication, diplomatic, research and writing skills
- Experience in the software industry
- Must be a team player
- Flexible, hard working, committed and self motivated
If this role interests you, please apply today!