Allocate Software | Product Development | Skopje, Centar
The Software Engineer is accountable for delivering software on time, to budget and to a high quality meeting the functional requirements of the customer (which may be either a customer internal to Allocate or external to the organization).
You will work as part of a Scrum project team to design, code and test enterprise business functionality for Allocate’s product portfolio. This will include new development as well as maintenance of existing systems. You will have TDD skills, a thorough pragmatic approach to delivering systems and will be comfortable liaising at a technical level with developers from other areas of the organization.
As this is a senior role, you will also be expected to provide technical mentoring and guidance on ‘best practice’ to less experienced members of the team.
• Implement functionality changes according to the user stories in the sprint backlog.
• Close collaboration and good communication with the Product Owner and the rest of the development team.
• Take responsibility to deliver high quality results according to criteria in the definition of done specification and focus on quality in each delivered increment.
• Participate in sprint planning activities and commit to sprint backlog when user stories are well understood and have reasonable estimations of effort.
• Make estimation of the effort of implementing user stories.
• Assist the QA Engineer with manual testing and writing of automated tests when needed for the team to meet the sprint deadline.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field
• More than 4 years’ experience of development work
• Experience of working with development in an agile team
• Excellent knowledge and some years’ experience of working with the Microsoft .NET framework using C#.
• Experience in developing web user interfaces using ASP.NET MVC
• Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc
• Excellent knowledge of object-oriented development including software design patterns and industry best practices
• Experience with ASP.NET Core
• Experience with RESTful APIs
• Experience with popular React.js workflows such as Flux or Redux