Aptean | G&A | Alpharetta, GA
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today’s fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don’t have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds – with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That’s why over 7,000 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 74 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
The Network Engineer will participate in the design, implementation, optimization, advance support and administration of network infrastructure residing in all Aptean offices and Data Centers. This person will oversee system performance, plan system capacity, ensure processes are well-documented, sustainable and scalable; and continually assesses processes for improvements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, configure, and manage a highly available and secure network.
- Provide planning, installation, configuration, and upgrade support for LAN, WAN, and data center network.
- Support acquisition efforts by setting up and installing networks in acquisition offices.
- Establish and maintain service levels; perform basic troubleshooting; monitor network implementations; and manage network alarms.
- Manage network monitoring system. Ensure all devices are being monitored. Respond to alarms.
- Secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Provide support for on-call duties.
- Maximize infrastructure capacities through proactive review and planning to ensure that IT capacity meet current and future business requirements.
- Drive a cross functional team (including equipment or service vendors) in diagnosing issues and initiating appropriate actions for repair or mitigation and provide appropriate status, communications and root cause analysis to management.
- Serve as technical lead for escalation of advanced incidents, problems and change management.
- Help develop policies and procedures related to IT Operations Infrastructure.
- Research infrastructure solutions to identify and improve existing processes or enhance overall productivity.
- Lead teams in major projects and implementations, including project leadership, task assignments, and day-to-day direction.
Bachelor's degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience preferred, but not required.
- 5 plus years of experience supporting Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls in a large multi site (preferably global) enterprise network.
- Demonstrated experience in design, deployment, administration, configuration, and integration of Cisco systems.
- Working knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, firewalls
- Network monitoring tools, (SolarWinds)
- Experience and familiarity with Forcepoint is highly desirable.
- Experience and familiarity with Cloud services and solutions a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated initiative to stay abreast of technology advancements.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills is a MUST
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Established organizational abilities.
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other group status protected by applicable law.