Jr. Product Analyst
Telarix | Product Development | Vienna, VA
Jr. Product Analyst
Who is Telarix?
If you’ve ever made an international call, sent a text to someone far away, or used Uber, you’ve likely benefitted from our solutions.
Telarix empowers communications companies across the globe to manage their international wholesale operations with a true end-to-end solution. From pricing and operations, to billing and fraud detection, Telarix offers carriers an unprecedented level of visibility and control of their interconnect traffic. At Telarix, we enable and optimize the connecting and routing of voice and data from one network to another. In other words, we help the world stay connected.
What does this mean and why does it matter?
We’ve solved major business problems for customers ranging from traditional telecom carriers like Verizon, Sprint and AT&T, to disruptive players like Skype and Twilio. Globally, we count TeliaSonera, Deutsche Telecom, Vodafone, Softbank, Telecom Italia, Orange, and Aircel among our many customers. With a carrier community of over 4000 individual companies, Telarix hosts the only industry wide B2B portal offering telecom carriers a secure and collaborative environment in which to conduct business. Our footprint extends all over the world, helping our customers to provide the highest level of service so users like you can seamlessly stay in touch with friends, family, and businesses. Our software and managed services bring together award winning technology and technical expertise to provide a streamlined, secure and collaborative environment in which to conduct business.
Are you a fit for Telarix?
Our passion for excellence begins with our employees. Telarix is a highly successful company and is dedicated to the satisfaction and well-being of its employees by encouraging teamwork, a healthy work environment and work-life balance.If you have the drive and experience and would like to join our high-performance team, you may find that Telarix is the company in which you can let your career soar, and have fun doing it at the same time.
Telarix is seeking to hire an energetic Junior Product Analyst as part of the Engineering team based at our headquarters in Vienna, Virginia. We are a fast-paced technology company backed by one of the top private equity companies in the world. In this role, you will be responsible for driving and defining the development priorities and technical requirements for new products.
- Translate product roadmap into detailed requirements.
- Convey the vision and goals at the beginning of every release and sprint.
- Requirement gathering effort on epics as needed — consulting with product management, implementations, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Assist with the elaboration of epics, themes and features into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint.
- Attend scrum meetings including standups, review, retrospectives, and demos.
- Lead backlog grooming to decompose and estimate stories.
- Create mockups and work with UX on design.
- Answer questions from developers and clarify requirements.
- Clearly define acceptance criteria.
- Inspect the product progress at the end of every sprint and have authority to accept or reject work.
- Communicate status externally.
- Demonstrate the latest integrations to customers (pre-release) and gather feedback.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Work closely with engineering and operations to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
- Design pilot purpose and requirements to swiftly validate new potential products and features in collaboration with development and operations teams.
- Ensure the conceptual and technical integrity of new features or components.
- Establish timelines and product benchmarks.
- Develop the voice of customer information through customer interviews.
- Communicate product requirement status.
- Align with key initiatives and cross-functional goals.
- Collaborate with UI/UX team, product development teams, and product leaders to establish timeline workflows and goals.
- Work with scaled agile framework to ensure data and information is secure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Entrepreneurial, can-do approach coupled with a strong desire to make a difference.
- Ready to challenge the status-quo, and drive innovative ideas.
- Ability to become a thought leader. Willing to receive mentorship.
- Quantitative and analytical skills with a keen understanding of how numbers will affect outcomes over both the short and long term.
- Honest, candid and trustworthy. A team player.
- Executes fast and gets things done on time.
- Agile and adaptable. Thrives on change.
- Quick study, self-learner. Gains proficiency in new industries, markets and technologies quickly
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in business, computer science, GIS or related field
- General understanding of the product life-cycle, stage-gating, and product documentation needs is a plus.
- General understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Working knowledge of software development, software as a service and mobile applications.
- Comfortable working with multiple cross functional teams in-house or remote (domestic and international).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with business analysts, UI/UX team, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders