Senior Systems Engineer
Aptean | G&A | Bangalore,
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today’s fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don’t have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds – with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That’s why over 7,000 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 74 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
Position – Senior System Administrator
The Senior System Administrator will be responsible for leading the system administration efforts required to support our internal business systems. The lead will be responsible for directing and mentoring a junior resource. The role will include administering our internal CRM system, SQL Server infrastructure, file sharing, knowledge management, and support portal infrastructure.
Knowledge: Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
Complexity: Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Supervision: Determines methods and procedures on new assignments
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(List the key duties and responsibilities and essential functions of the role)
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Work Experience (Indicate the approximate years of relevant work experience necessary for this position)
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related. Typical range is 4-7 years.
· MS Windows Servers 2008/2012/2016, SQL Server 2008/2014, SharePoint administration, TFS administration, NLB, RDP services configuration/ DNS (AD integrated)
· MSSQL server skills such as DB access/resource management/backup management
· PowerShell scripting
· Working IIS knowledge including HTTP communication troubleshooting and monitoring, SSL certificates
· Monitoring tools Zabbix/Nagios
· Performance measurements on OS level
· Client-Server application environments troubleshooting
· Incident handling process, issue escalations
· Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
- Experience working with complex system implementations and organizational processes
Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team