Mediaocean | Product Development | Pune, Maharashtra
Mediaocean is the world’s largest, independent advertising technology company. Our clients include the most successful advertising agencies, media specialists, media owners, and advertisers. Mediaocean’s mission is to enable advertising agencies to leverage the power of technology in a rapidly changing digital landscape. Mediaocean is making this a reality through the creation of global, open and neutral operating systems that will benefit and transform the entire industry.
What you will do:
The Technology Architect will participate in the complete SDLC from initial specification through deployment and support. In addition to critical involvement in the SDLC, the Principal Architect will be mentoring junior team members, recommending product or service modifications, and staying abreast of industry trends and innovations. This will be based in our Pune office
Ensuring the successful implementation of solutions by designing and developing frameworks and applications against agreed requirements and technology and platform standards.
- Developing a broader awareness of enterprise and domain architecture and technology strategy and direction amongst teams.
- Bridging the architecture and product development teams
- Ensuring that overall architecture is agreed and endorsed by all stakeholders and identify and evaluate possible solution options.
- Appraising and reporting on new development techniques and vendor products, and making recommendations on the acquisition of advanced technology.
- Facilitating the convergence of 'leading edge' technologies into the existing enterprise architecture.
- Ensuring the architecture is implemented in accordance to design over the entire lifecycle of project/program, and managing changes to design by ensuring stakeholders are informed and in agreement to any changes.
- Identifying opportunities and ensuring fit to architecture and standards, and managing any architecture issues/exemptions required.
- Validating functionality and performance of new development projects within the organization's systems.
- Providing technical expertise to applications staff in the configuration, testing and implementation of new/enhanced systems and other related advice to technical directions (including program debugging).
- Diagnosing and solving technical issues that may arise during the development life cycle.
- Providing technical solution definition and design, system configuration, data integration, and technical support during the implementation phase
- Excellent Problem-Solving skills for complex & large scale problems.
- Ideally 12 to 18 years of relevant industry experience.
- Technical Breadth – Exposure to a wide variety of problem spaces, technologies.
- Very Strong System design and OO skills with a nifty ability to craft clean interfaces and operate at the right levels of abstraction Solid coding skills with an ability to drive teams through massive refactoring exercise & improve coding standards across large code bases.
- Deep knowledge, understanding & experience of working with a large variety of multi-tier architectures. Awareness of pitfalls & use cases for a large variety of solutions.
- Deep understanding & experience of high-performance web-scale & real-time response systems with
- Experience & expertise in a variety of large scale persistent systems including large databases.
- Exposure to complete product development cycles – From inception to production to scaling up, supporting new requirements, re-architectures - the Principal Architect should have seen it all and ideally in multiple cycles.
- Should have been part of scalable product development cycles with either large data handling or large transaction processing exposure for 5+ years.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.