TIBCO | 63710 Product Mgmt Spotfire | Goteborg,
Product Management is the systematic process by which TIBCO set and manage our product development priorities. It starts by collecting market information about the shifting problems that our customers need to solve. It determines how effectively our products (and competitors' products) solve those problems. It decides what high-priority new product capabilities will better enable us to compete and it manages the process of specifying, scheduling, and developing those new product capabilities.
To start with you will be responsible for working with the TIBCO Spotfire engineering team to take Spotfire to the next level. The TIBCO Spotfire platform is a pioneer and innovator in easy to use visual analytics and the Spotfire Server is the heart of the platform. It is used by tens of thousands of users for mission critical analysis and applications. Unlike competing technologies which force users into a data-graph-dashboard linear workflow, Spotfire allows users to manipulate data visually and iteratively, delivering true data exploration rather than simple visualization. The Spotfire Server is used to govern the entire data exploration process from data access to analysis and publication without constraining the user more than is necessary.
The job holder will be expected to perform the following:-
- Meet with existing customers over the phone or in person to understand how well our current products meet their needs and identify opportunities for new products or product enhancements.
- Perform win/loss analysis by interviewing prospects after a won or lost sales opportunity.
- Perform competitive analysis.
- Collect product ideas from other roles within TIBCO and from customers, partners and prospects.
- Refine, prioritise and develop business cases for product ideas as input to road-mapping and resource allocation.
- Write requirements as input to engineering.
- Work with developers, user experience designers and testers to build the best possible product and work with product marketing to take it to market.